Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Fiesta build thread - Zetec s

WillKinsella
聽Share

So I haven't been a member long, but I think the time is right to start my own build thread after looking at some of yours guys awesome looking cars!聽

I have a 16plate Fiesta zetec s 1.0L ecoboost that I bought in August, picture below!聽IMG_0316.JPG

So far I am very impressed with the little 1.0L! Anyway, I new when I bought the car that I wanted to add some mods and make it my own every way possible.聽

first thing I bought for the car was some climair wind deflectors. In my opinion a great add to the car, looks the part and practical too. I then bought some Lockwood door sill protectors. They come with a 'S' in the middle and again look awesome. I also bought an red S badge for the front grill. I聽then decided that I wanted a triple R front splitter, and lucky for me someone was selling one in my area for 拢80 so I decided to buy it. Before fitting I wasn't to sure about how it would look, but now that it's on I am very pleased I decided to go ahead with it! Picture below.IMG_0671.JPG

The picture above is from a week or two back and since then have changed then horrible orange indicator lights for some chrome ones as well as upgrading the dipped beam to HIDs, both from autobeam.co.uk

very pleased with both and I'll grab a picture when I can.

Today I have also bought an induction kit along with the primary and secondary hoses from autospeicalistuk, these should come next week and will be fitted at the weekend, I'll add some pictures of the engine bay once fitted. I have also arranged to buy a reset bluefin device from Taeasz a fellow member on here. So I should have that bought and fitted in the next couple of weeks! And it's safe to say I am very excited to see how it transforms the car!聽

Last but not least, i have changed the footwell lights inside the car to red, and have also changed the number plate lights on the back.聽

Thats all my car has to offer so far, but I have plenty more planned over the next few months so watch this thread for updates!聽

Next things on the list聽

*eibach redline lowering springs (30-35mm drop)

*eibach pro spacer kit (15mm each side)

*Triple R side splitters

*Black sun strip

*Rear window and two back side windows tinted black

Open to any suggestions and feel free to give your opionions!聽

Cheers for having a read

• Like 2

Welcome to the forums! Really nice colour on this model don't see many about. The changes sound good so far and the splitter works well :) I also had a Fiesta Ecoboost at the start of the year, and have quite a big build thread on here as well, you may have seen it I don't know but here is the link

If you head to page 3, I also had some Eibach redline springs on ready for Ford Fair this year. They were absolutely spot on, dropped the car perfectly on 17 inch wheels, looked a lot more sporty and I honestly felt no loss of comfort what so ever, the handling also seemed better. I would thoroughly recommend them for springs if you were interested, they will probably sit even nicer with the spacers.

Goodluck with your project

• Like 1

I have indeed looked through yours and was very impressed with what you done to your car. I am also looking through your new one for your black focus ST and I love the focus ST. I think that's what I want to go for next, all black. And cheers, yeah when I was buying the car I hadn't seen that colour before so I thought it's a must.聽

• Like 1

So the primary and secondary hoses came from AS today along with their induction kit! Managed to get the two hoses fitted before it started to chuck it down. Induction kit will be getting fitted after work tomorrow hopefully but here how the hoses look!聽IMG_0704.JPG

Real easy to fit, took about 10minutes. Only tool needed was a flat head screw driver. Engine bay starting to come along nicely when I get the induction kit in, and looking to purchase the AS chrome cross over pipe as well.

• Like 2

On 21/11/2016 at 10:08 AM, Iam2deck said:

Welcome to the forums! Really nice colour on this model don't see many about. The changes sound good so far and the splitter works well :) I also had a Fiesta Ecoboost at the start of the year, and have quite a big build thread on here as well, you may have seen it I don't know but here is the link

If you head to page 3, I also had some eibach redline springs on ready for Ford Fair this year. They were absolutely spot on, dropped the car perfectly on 17 inch wheels, looked a lot more sporty and I honestly felt no loss of comfort what so ever, the handling also seemed better. I would thoroughly recommend them for springs if you were interested, they will probably sit even nicer with the spacers.

Goodluck with your project

Just checked out and followed your page.. The black Fiesta S you were speaking about.. Wow mate you done some really really like upgrades! Jealous!

• Like 1

So managed to get the induction kit in tonight! I think it looks awesome coupled with the blue hoses! Can't wait to get the crossover pipe now!聽

Quick review on it, the noise it makes is epic in my option, I love the let off noise. You get a lot of people turning heads when walking, performance wise I haven't noticed any thing really, throttle response a bit better. Looking to get a cold air feed now just to get as much cold air as possible to the filter, heat shield is in a good position as well so shouldn't be that much of a problem sucking in hot air. Anyway let me know what you think of the bay so far! Also, here's a picture of the headlights with the chrome indicator bulbs instead of the orange ones.聽

Cheers.IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_0712.JPG

So found another mod I want to do very soon! What do you think?聽IMG_0716.PNG

• Like 1

Looks good dude! I wouldn't get anything Maxton as I've heard nothing but bad reviews about them

Funny you say that, my mate ordered a front splitter from there for his corsa and it came and was damaged rather bad. The corner had snapped off so he has emailed them complaining but hasn't heard anything back, so I'm staying clear hahaha.

The induction kits make quite a lot of noise on the fiestas, well worth it! Looks smart and everything so new xD I found the secondary hose gave the most noteable noise loudness difference, the crossover just refined the noise and made it sound better!

I've seen those lips in person and in all honesty I wasn't really a fan, for the spoiler I would've got the mountune ones that are no longer being produced!

The chrome indicator bulbs are always spot on too :)

Yeah I love the sound! And after having a better look, I have went off the spoiler now as well. Getting the crossover to just finish up the engine bay really, eventually going to get the charge pipe upgrade but not in any rush to get them. I have heard about the mountune spoiler but unfortunately for me as you say they have stopped producing them.聽

I think the spoiler lips are a little bit marmite myself as for Maxton design I got my self a front splitter聽for my focus and cant fault the build and had no probs what so ever

• Like 1

Soooo, my bluefin came today, and oh wow I am impressed! I didn't think it would make that much of a difference but my god it does. If anyone is thinking about buying one, and is on the edge, do it. Buy yourself one. You won't regret it I assure you that! Big thanks to Taeasz for selling me his reset unit.

• Like 2

Update: Eibach ordered for Christmas! Will be getting them fitted around the 27th December time! Can't wait to get them on!聽IMG_0746.PNG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Getting the fitted Friday so looking forward to seeing how it looks when they're on!聽

IMG_0786.JPG

IMG_0787.JPG

few snaps before she's lowered tomorrow! Also, picked up this...

IMG_0763.PNG

hoping to get it done this weekend, when I have a lot of spare time as I can imagine it being very stressful! Should look a lot nicer when the rear window and rear sides are tinted!聽

IMG_0790.JPG

Good luck with the crappy tint lol.

I bought like 4m of it for 拢20 from there and it didn't shrink at all. The two side windows are dead easy as they are relatively聽flat, but that back window really does take some skill

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Good luck with the crappy tint lol.

I bought like 4m of it for 拢20 from there and it didn't shrink at all. The two side windows are dead easy as they are relatively聽flat, but that back window really does take some skill

Hahahaha! I have heard it is quite the struggle. Gonna have to seriously set aside a lot of time and effort to do it. Yeah sides shouldn't be that hard, but as you said heat shrinking the back window is gonna be a struggle. I'm gonna try do the back first so if I can't do it, at least I haven't got the sides on and the back I can't do haha!聽

Finally some snaps of the whip after being lowered! I think it looks awesome! Thoughts? Beside the fact I should have went lower馃檲IMG_0828.JPGIMG_0831.JPG

• Like 3

IMG_0823.JPGAlso picked up some gel overlays for the front and rear badges. Far nicer than the originals!IMG_0821.JPG

Where did you get your overlays buddy and how much.

Cheers.

Ps your motor looks sweet.馃憤

• Like 2

I think the stance looks spot on. Sporty but not impractical boy racer height!:smile:

• Like 2

Any lower and it would look silly - looking spot on at that height!

Any聽difference in drivability? Any increase in road noise / cabin noise?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club