Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus audio MK3

Baggiejames

Hi all I'd like to change my audio unit from the standard one to the Sony piano black version. Is it a case of just switching the units around or is there any other work involved? 

Thanks in adavnce

standard.png

piano black.png

pretty much plug and play as long as you get the same age of display as yours is( needs to be compatable with either bluetooth or sync as applicable to your car) and the audio unit has dab or not depending on your existing set up. the expert on the forum with identifying part numbers and compatability is@jw1982 .

• Like 1

The Sony audio system is only compatible with the High Level audio system. The High Level audio system has a 10 digit keypad and is always combined with either Bluetooth/Voicecontrol or SYNC 1.0/1.1.

The Sony audio system is not compatible with the Low Level audio system. The Low Level audio system has a 6 digit keypad and no bluetooth functionality. The Low Level audio system has different/less wiring than the High Level and Sony audio systems.

Next to this the Sony audio system wull only be compatible if it is based on the same system as the car. A 2011 Focus MK3 High Level audio system is based on the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. In this case the Sony audio system must also be based on the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. If the Sony is based on the newer SYNC 1.0/1.1 system it will not work correctly. 

Full compatibility can only be determined by comparing/checking the part numbers and its specifications in the Ford Ecat parts system.

• Like 2

Thanks for the advice might just leave it as it is, sounds to complicated for me. But again thanks for the help and advice 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club