Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Disappointed with New Edge

Killer

Had my Edge Titanium for two weeks now and cant believe Ford can build a new car that has candles in jam jars for HeadLights they are atrocious for a car costing £33k what were they thinking about ? My previous Kuga Titanium X had dam good lighting with LED running lights but ford have gone back 10 years with the Edge. I dont need hill start assist or that anoying lane keeping which us dumbing down driving I need decent lights and to ask another £1.2k for LED Lighting beggars belief   . The other idiotic feature is the 12v sockets turning off after 75 minutes which is frustrating when on certain places where I work I need an LED Beacon for possibly 3-4 hours. The Kuga had a constantly live 12v socket  so why is the Edge restricted. The Sat Nav does not have an SD Card like the Kuga did so I cannot install some of the establishments that I have to go too  ( Over 100) so I have to still run my tomtom. Begining to think that I have made a big mistake here and should of waited for the new Kuga.

Ford you are losing the plot !

£33k!?  Couldn't you have got a better 'tried and tested' SUV for that, something German or Jap maybe?  I'm yet to see anyone completely happy with the Edge so far tbh. :blink:

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm yet to see anyone completely happy with the Edge so far tbh. :blink:

Nobody is ever completely happy these days!  That is the right of the great British public, to complain.  Nothing said at the beginning of this thread sounds that bad to me.  Have a look at the Discovery Sport Forum if you want to see expert complaining.

Jim

• Like 2

I'm pretty happy with my Edge - coming up on 2 weeks of ownership.

Lights could be better, but they're no worse than the ones on the Freelander 2 that I had previously.

Biggest gripe I have is how much the white paint shows the dirt! :)

11 minutes ago, Peter_B78 said:

Biggest gripe I have is how much the white paint shows the dirt! :)

Ah, that's why I went for darkish blue. That and I currently have a blue Mondeo.

The new Mondeo has the same stupid headlights, 2k for the Titanium X pack for the LED ones.   Utterly ridiculous that these are considered MOT worthy.

I agree with the headlights comments, for the price target and current tech on lower cost cars, they should be LED (and LED DRL's) as standard. If you think these are real issues though .. you've never owned a Rover !!! In those days, you were lucky to get air con or electric windows, the body rotted after 2 years and every week you found a box of mystery nuts and bolts in the foot wells!

Like Jim610 says, have a look at other forums, EVERY car has its gripes and EVERY owner will find something they aren't happy with!

I pick mine up on Friday :-) after a 6 month wait. Can't wait :-)

Currently running a  Mk5 Mondeo, luckily I went for the LED's (Which as it happens are superb).

I did inquire about the Edge a few months ago and liked the test drive, but have since cooled on the idea.

As it happens I was quoted £550 a month with a 1K deposit (Too many options!) then got a quote on a new VW Tiguan for £480pm with a better spec and the 240HP twin turbo engine. May finally leave Ford.

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

£33k!?  Couldn't you have got a better 'tried and tested' SUV for that, something German or Jap maybe?  I'm yet anyone completely happy  the Edge so far tbh. :blink:

WE are restricted to Ford, Vauxhall and Renault which does not give much choice for an AWD 4X4 I would not have spent £33k on an Edge if it was my money so I am stuck. One good point though I am averaging 42-45mpg which is all I could get from the Kuga on a good day

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

£33k!?  Couldn't you have got a better 'tried and tested' SUV for that, something German or Jap maybe?  I'm yet to see anyone completely happy with the Edge so far tbh. :blink:

• Like 1

I have Edge Sport and upgraded to LED lights and love them ! But being a privilege customer got it cheap

My Titainium came with the LED option as it was the dealer's showroom car. 

I had use of a Sport while mine was back in. Hell of a difference between the 2 lighting systems. 

But, as said, a very expensive option! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club