Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 1.6 cam sensor location

Tresni2305

Hi, 

I have recently purchased a Focus mk2 2006 1.6 auto which I am enjoying a lot it's a nice step up in size from the Mini we used to have (wife's choice) 

Ive had no issues till yesterday when the engine light came on, I checked the code and it's a cam sensor fault. 

Thinking this wouldnt be a problem to have a look at I got home from work today and spent what little light I had left looking for the sensor and being unsuccessful. 

Now I'm not sure if I was just having a blind moment or if it's a bit hidden on this engine would anyone be able to help? Maybe you have engine bay diagrams or any information would be very helpful. 

I've spent some time looking around various websites and all the information I can find is on mk1 focus or the 2L engine both of which have a different location for the sensor. 

Thanks again for any advice

Sam 

1 hour ago, Tresni2305 said:

I checked the code and it's a cam sensor fault. 

Thinking this wouldnt be a problem to have a look at I got home from work today and spent what little light I had left looking for the sensor and being unsuccessful. 

Have a look through this site:

http://eucatparts.com/?action=cat_ford_part&s_id_part=1175725&s_id_model=12&s_code_image=B014135402

If it is the 1.6 Petrol, then it may be at the drivebelt end of the camshaft, Part 12K073 in the pic below.

T002247914.jpg

• Like 1

That website helps a lot! I've managed to find it now. 

Just gotta get a new sensor from Euros tomorrow and hopefully that will fix it :D

Thanks again for your help

Sam

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club