Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing Light Bulbs

PistolPete

Hello all, can anyone provide a concise list that they wouldn't mind spending a few mins on detailing what a H7 bulb and match it up to the relevant light setting i.e. H7 = sidelights or whatever?

Firstly I want to say I've had a read through Some new bulbs fitted to my Mk7 but between "dipped beam" "main beam" "h7" "h4" "w5w" "sidelight" full beam" - I'm a bit confused I feel like a dog chasing it's tail!

I'm using Sunday to compile a list of products to buy to ehance the look of my car when it arrives and am focussing on lighting... I'm proposing that if this thread proves useful as a resource for everyone then we could possibly have it pinned or someone with, but let's see...

I want to change the following about my car, I've put in a confused face at the points where I'm asking for your help for confirmation or description:

Headlight Unit:

Philips Xtreme Power (H7 OR H4?! :huh: )

What goes where, i.e. which bulb for dusk (sidelights), which for driving at night (dipped beam?) and which for country A/B roads at night (i.e.where blue light in dash is on - full beam I call it)

Front Indicators: Philips Silvervision PY21W £14.50 - I'm ok with this no confusion :)

Rear Indicators: Philips Silvervision PY21W £14.50 - I'm ok with this no confusion :)

Number Plate Lights: White LED Bulbs for Rear Reg Plate Lights :huh:

Map Reading Light: Same as Number Plate Light? :huh:

Footwell Light: Same as Number Plate Light? :huh:

Finally, all recommendations can I ask that they be fully UK road legal? From the reading I've done Philips seem to be make the best bulbs; my priorities are not dazzling oncoming traffic whilst providing a further "reach" from my lights enabling me to see further and be seen sooner!

Ideally if anyone could suggest the products I'm after (no need for links I can do the hunting! But wouldn't say no :) ) that'd be great - e.g. for your Dipped beams get Philips H* for your indicators get etc etc

I'm not after a "boy racer" look, but I would like a white light not that yellowy creamy colour.

Thanks chaps,

Peter

Heres a list i made up earlier this year, and is only for the current MK7 fiesta.

Headlights:

Fullbeam - H1

Dipped beam - H7

Sidelights - W5W

Front Fogs - H11

Front indicators - PY21W

Side (wing mirror) indicators - WY5W

Rear lights:

Rear indicators - PY21W

Brake & tail light's - P21/5W

Rear fog light - P21W

Reversing lights - W16W

Number plate lights - W5W

3rd high level brake light - L.E.D - cannot be changed

Interior lights:

Interior light - W6W

Reading lights - W5W

Footwell lights - W5W

As for finding a good site with car bulbs, take a look at http://www.powerbulbs.com/. Very fast delivery and very helpful

Mark M.K. : Great work, really appreciate that - that's exactly the info I was after B)

If anyone would like to add their thoughts on the whiter look light ideas and what products specifically would use then I'd be much obliged!

Thanks,

Peter

just to add some confusion, the 21w/5w and 21w bulbs used for tail and brake lights are sometimes reffered to as 380 or 382.

the 380 has both filaments (brake and tail lights)

but the 382 has a single 21w filamet (brake light)

If you`ll need help with how to change bulbs you can use below stated German site, there are lot of pics that could help you, if needed use translate.google.com to translate into english.

http://www.fiesta-ka-forum.de/umbaustories...fiesta-mk7.html

Thanks stef/harweyko:

Hopefully all will make more sense the more I read around the forum - or if BigJock/rocky1722 are reading they'll throw in their 2pence! B)

Peter

would these bulbs apply for a MK4 also? i'm interested in updating to white lights!

would these bulbs apply for a MK4 also? i'm interested in updating to white lights!

The headlight bulbs will be the same for any car with standard lights. But some cars only use 1 bulb for main and dipped beam (such as my old pug 107), so double check your car before buying H1 and H7 bulbs

michael from what i have here your car requires:-

Dipped - H7

Main beam - H1

Sidelight 501

michael from what i have here your car requires:-

Dipped - H7

Main beam - H1

Sidelight 501

cheers for that :)

• 1 month later...

After doing a quick search this is the best place i could find to ask a few questions :lol:

I am looking to replace all front bulbs with a whiter led style, and the the rear number plate lights also.

Which are the best make to go for, are the eBay ones ok?, Also unsure on sizes, can they be found it manual?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club