Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 mondeo suspension

gayjay86

Iv just brought a 2004 Ford Mondeo 2.0 petrol.. a great car.. since i have owned it its always creaked and groaned from front suspension & steering sometimes feels heavy.. it went straight thru MOT before i bought it and have found out today iv got a snapped spring on drivers side front..  Is it likely the heavy steering occasionally and creaking an groaning is caused by the snapped spring or could i have another problem too.. any help appreciated.. 

The creaking and groaning is most likely because of the broken Spring. 

• Like 1

Thankyou.. Also another question i forgot to ask was when braking gently theres a judder, almost as if abs is cutting in but its not.. would a snapped spring also cause that aswell.. many thanks for replying

Ok thankyou.. il get discs checked when i book it in to have spring replaced.. 

• Like 1

if you do have to replace your disks, make sure you wear them in properly. I didn't on mine and it warped again in a few weeks. 

• Like 1

On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:44 AM, Jambeers said:

if you do have to replace your disks, make sure you wear them in properly. I didn't on mine and it warped again in a few weeks. 

I had cheap discs fitted to mine and they still warped within 2 months, even with my best efforts to not sit on the foot brake etc.

The vented Brembos that I fitted to replace the cheapo discs are still fine after 2 years so I guess you get what you pay for.

Why anyone would want to buy cheapo discs and pads is beyond me.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club