Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Activating Retrofitted Electronics

Luke4efc

So I'm trying to figure out if I can retrofit a 2015 fiesta stereo with DAB into my 2014 zetec (I know I will have to change the antenna, but I will cross that bridge when I get to it). I am trying to figure out if it is possible to activate the DAB with a modded ELM 327 and Forscan, or whether it needs the proper Ford IDS with VCM. I've read that @iNath has reprogrammed and activated cruise control for people before so I am wondering if it is possible that I can do it myself.

A small sidenote about sync too, do I need to purchase a separate APIM module if I upgrade? or is is built into the head unit when I buy one? Can I also use the same screen as it will not be a sony unit and everything looks the same apart from DAB?

I am looking into swapping my Sony stereo for a Sony Nav system on my 2016 titanium, if I manage to get anywhere with it I might have the parts you need available, I also seen in a post search someone did what you want to do and it was a straight swapp, no coding required. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club