Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus engine light and P0304 code.

Paddy94

Hey guys. 

The other day while on the way home from work, I noticed my car (06 Focus 1.6) was feeling a bit hesitant on acceleration and then it got to the point when I was going up a hill that the engine light started to slowly flash for a minute or so. It went off and when I got home I checked the code on my OBD2 scanner and got the code P0304, Which is Cylinder 4 misfire. I gave this a quick google and it seems to be a pretty common enough thing on these cars. 

I had a quick peek in the spark plug wells and noticed that 3 and 4 were swimming the water, again, another common thing. I'm still trying to find a break in the weather to go out and give them a proper clean, so that I can check the plugs and the gap on them (They've only been in there since just before christmas) I've read online that the gap on the plugs can sometimes be too large and cause issues in the long run.

After looking online, I noticed that the most popular fix for the misfire issue was the coil pack, which I have ordered up and am waiting to get here. What I want to ask is, Should I replace the number 4 spark plug wire as well? And if so, do the wires need to be replaced in in a full set or can I just get the one wire I need?

If anyone one else here has ran into this problem and has any advice, I'll happily hear it!

Hi,

I think they are prone to core plugs in the head to rust out and leak water into the spark plug wells, mines doing this, its in for core plugs Tuesday hopefully. t's a known thing .....

Mines a 1.6 55 plate LX

Alistair

Just to add. If I was going to replace the plug leads, would it have to be OEM or would any brand do? I know I can get a full set off eurocarparts for £20, but the ford ones are almost £20 EACH online.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club