Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 zetec s upgrades

zain611

Do send pics of them installed and update us on the electric mirrors instal. I have electric mirrors on my fiesta and they really help if your parallel parking and like to take care of your alloys not getting kurbed. I was thinking of putting the folding function in the mirror but might skip it as the mk6 mirror don't entirely fold in at 90 degrees rather half that plus sometimes they click in and out most probably because the motor is pushing them further in then they should 

• Like 1

Ok will do I use my passenger mirror for that purpose as well as the reversing camera on my focus 

Hi Zain, can you take some pictures please of the lights in the dark? Contemplating whether to get them or not!

Thanks

Hey Apex, I don't know if pictures will properly show how good they are but I found the indicators to be the best out of the reverse lights and brake and sidelights LEDs. I recommend the premium indicators from autobeam. They don't require resistors and are very bright that it blinds you when looking close at them. When I turn the indicators on when the car is on the driveway it lights up the house across the road. The reverse lights are nice, gives out a nice white / ice blue light. They are brighter compared to standard. The brake and sidelight LEDs I'm a bit meh about as the bulbs themselves gives out a white light which from looking when it's in the reflector gives out a light red light whereas the standard halogen bulb gives a nice red light. Also when the sidelights are on and you apply the brakes they don't seem to light up that much more and sometimes I worry if the person behind me noticed I pressed the brakes. I don't want to rely on the high level brake light only warning drivers. 

Screenshot_20170920-104641.png

Screenshot_20170920-104450.png

Screenshot_20170920-104814.png

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Hey Apex, I don't know if pictures will properly show how good they are but I found the indicators to be the best out of the reverse lights and brake and sidelights LEDs. I recommend the premium indicators from autobeam. They don't require resistors and are very bright that it blinds you when looking close at them. When I turn the indicators on when the car is on the driveway it lights up the house across the road. The reverse lights are nice, gives out a nice white / ice blue light. They are brighter compared to standard. The brake and sidelight LEDs I'm a bit meh about as the bulbs themselves gives out a white light which from looking when it's in the reflector gives out a light red light whereas the standard halogen bulb gives a nice red light. Also when the sidelights are on and you apply the brakes they don't seem to light up that much more and sometimes I worry if the person behind me noticed I pressed the brakes. I don't want to rely on the high level brake light only warning drivers. 

Screenshot_20170920-104641.png

Screenshot_20170920-104450.png

Screenshot_20170920-104814.png

Many thanks, Will order today or tomorrow. Thanks again! :)

• Like 1

Here's a link to the bulbs I bought just to make sure. 

LED indicators (don't require resistors)

LED reverse lights

LED rear brake / sidelight unit

Again I want to say I wasn't too happy with the brake and sidelight LEDs but they might be better on the Mk7 as the tail lights are not see through like with my mk6.5. 

14 hours ago, zain611 said:

Here's a link to the bulbs I bought just to make sure. 

LED indicators (don't require resistors)

LED reverse lights

LED rear brake / sidelight unit

Again I want to say I wasn't too happy with the brake and sidelight LEDs but they might be better on the Mk7 as the tail lights are not see through like with my mk6.5. 

I've just brought the sidelight ones as my ones are dreadful so can only be an improvement on them.

Do update me on how they come out. Kind of want other peoples opinions on them. 

Ordered my sons Friday so should be here this week so I will get to fit them the same time I change over manual door mirrors for electric and change his seats. Good job I only charge mates rates ( free) lol

• Like 1

Are you talking about the side repeaters? Still waiting until my dad is free so we can do that along with the window regulator. The rear indicators I've already swapped. Will send pics of the smoked side repeaters when installing them. They originally were bought for a mk4 golf and were smoked. I put it along my side repeaters and looks like it's the same size and shape so hopefully will fit. 

Just bought some leather cleaner, conditioner and sealant for the part leather seats. Probably in the weakened will clean them. The mk6 leathers are pigmented leather just for those who might think of getting this. I heard colourlock is a good brand so having a go with them. 

DSC_0080.JPG

On 25/10/2017 at 9:11 PM, zain611 said:

Are you talking about the side repeaters? Still waiting until my dad is free so we can do that along with the window regulator. The rear indicators I've already swapped. Will send pics of the smoked side repeaters when installing them. They originally were bought for a mk4 golf and were smoked. I put it along my side repeaters and looks like it's the same size and shape so hopefully will fit. 

Yes mate. Can't find anywhere that does led side repeaters. Plus how do you get the plastic cover off?

I've seen some on eBay which have 3 LEDs in the unit plus they are concaved which help to reflect most of the light out. The whole side repeater pops off, just use a flat head screwdriver and place a cloth near it so you don't scratch the paint and pry it. I didn't see if the bulb just clips out the holder as the wiring is short. 

This is what I've seen on eBay. I don't know what one I have as my dad bought it years back. By the looks of it other cars have the same side repeater shape as the mk6 fiestas. The repeaters I have were fitted on a mk4 golf. 

Side repeaters

Hi Zain

led's fitted and working well. Indicators are really bright and I mean bright lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TangoDaz said:

Hi Zain

led's fitted and working well. Indicators are really bright and I mean bright lol

I told you Darren, it must of surprised you in the difference of brightness compared to the standard halogen bulbs lol. Later I might buy them again to fit in the front indicators. 

What fitting is your focus front indicators? Are they 581 or different. It doesn't say they are out of stock when I looked

Had a go cleaning, conditioning and sealing the leather. Took a good 6 hours. In one picture I cleaned and conditioned one of the headrests. It gave a nice matte shine however that shine goes away after about half an hour. I found the drivers seat to have an improvement. The side and bottom bolsters now are more matte plus it looks like most of the creases have come out. It's hard to tell from the pictures but there is an improvement mainly on the driver seat bolsters. 

DSC_0082.JPG

Before and after 

DSC_0073.JPG

DSC_0083.JPG

Before and after 

DSC_0075.JPG

DSC_0084.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spent the weekend upgrading the fiesta.        

St seats  / electric mirrors /  smoked the rear lights 

i will post photos tomorrow Zain if you like?

• Like 1

Wouldn't mind it Darren. Could see how the tinted lights look. Next thing for me is probably the window regulator and might install the LED smoked side repeaters. 

Yes will do it tomorrow I did put led side repeaters on my focus they don't double repeat all the time but you do get an initial double repeat at first but will worth is mind you I had to do it as I smoked mine too. 

Anyway really pleased with my work today as is Jamie 

IMG_1842.JPG

• Like 1

I have take a photo of rear smoked lights but no brake light as I was on my own 

IMG_1845.JPG

• Like 1

I'm sure your son loves the seats. It transforms the interior of the car. Are you changing the door handles? My fiesta has a nice stainless steel looking handle which looks nice. My dad put the smoked repeaters on a high shelf in the garage so it doesn't get touched as it already has some light scratches on it but luckily it's noticeable when seen up close. I also can't get to it so will only get time to take a pic when we're installing it. 

5 minutes ago, TangoDaz said:

I have take a photo of rear smoked lights but no brake light as I was on my own 

IMG_1845.JPG

That's not bad at least those LED indicators shine through the tints. Might keep my car garage up during Halloween night so no odd person touches it or eggs it

_20171028_210917.JPG

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club