Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine malfunction and switch off

Nashcash

Hi all,

So having some serious issues with my focus 1.6 diesel 2009. Engine malfunction appears on dash followed by the car switching off. This has happened stationary and whilst driving at speed.

I have to wait half hour and the code clears and the car starts and drives as normal as it should.

Garage had various faults shown during test but none that really relate or am convinced it is actually the fault. Told it could be the egr but not guaranteed that it could be it. 

Anyone had similar experience and know what it exactly is? Seems to be a very dangerous issue!

Cheers

Report from aa:-

Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Engine control 1 - 9UM / Diesel EDC 16C34 4.xP0490 - Exhaust-gas recirculation system. Error Message : Control on upper stop.P042F - Exhaust-gas recirculation valve. Error Message : Valve stuck open.P2297 - O2 sensor (bank 1, sensor 1). Error Message : Value/signal outside range.P0698 - Power supply for sensors 3. Error Message : Signal too low.P0193 - Rail pressure sensor. Error Message : Open circuit/earth/positive short.engine oil and coolant levels are ok, engine restarted when tried

• 5 years later...

Hi, I know this is an old post, but did you find the problem? I'm having the same issues and it's ***** dangerous as hell if I can even get it going

11 minutes ago, dj911 said:

, I know this is an old post,

Yes 5 years old and @Nashcash last visited the forum 9th December 2017, so I doubt you will get a reply anytime soon.

4 hours ago, unofix said:

Yes 5 years old and @Nashcash last visited the forum 9th December 2017, so I doubt you will get a reply anytime soon.

Oh I know, but I had to try. This cars killing me lol. It's only done 46k. Getting the train every week when you can drive is just annoying so fingers crossed 🙂

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club