Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 2.0 update for Apple Carplay, is it possible?

bottylad

Hi 

After a little but of advice. 

Is it possible to simply software update my sync 2.0 touch screen unit to the version on the sync 3.0 that has apple carplay compatibility.  

I really like the sync 3.0 look and functionality but would like to avoid a whole new unit if I can.

Cheers for the help and advice in advance.  

1 hour ago, bottylad said:

Hi 

After a little but of advice. 

Is it possible to simply software update my sync 2.0 touch screen unit to the version on the sync 3.0 that has apple carplay compatibility.  

I really like the sync 3.0 look and functionality but would like to avoid a whole new unit if I can.

Cheers for the help and advice in advance.  

No "simple" update for Sync 2 Apple Carplay that I know of apart from upgrading to Sync 3. I have Sync 3 and an iPhone but found carplay useless, so its disabled.

For Sync 3 you'll need compatible new hardware, in addition to Sync 3 software and the programming skills/tools to make it all work. Last time I checked it was very expensive for UK dealer sourced parts.

The touch screen (which uses a different technology) and APIM are among the more expensive bits, but there are other items as well. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club