Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coolant Issue!

MRO46

Hello everyone!

I was doing a fluid check on my Mk7 Fiesta, and noticed that my coolant level was a good 1-2cm below the "Min" level. Rang Ford and booked it in for tomm.

It looks like there is coolant on top of the engine block, but can't be too sure.

The car is still under warranty, but they want to charge me £50 for fault finding if they can't find anything wrong with the car!

Plus I have only done 3800 miles!

Any one had any similar problems?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Edit: Forgot to add, its a 1.4 petrol Zetec!

the same thing happened to me,i just put new coolant in,and no problem,there are no leeks,so im guessing they just didnt put enough in...now driving for 2 months,and the level hasnt dropped one inch :)

they shouldnt be charging you anything.

iv taken mine back to ford a number of times and they havent charged me for trying to find faults.

Are you sure the coolant on your engine block isn't from the washer jets, I believe some have had a problem with them leaking.

I am about 80% sure that the satins on the block are from the coolant.

I was a bit sceptical when I rang them and the said they were going to charge for fault finding if there is no issue! I shall let them have the good news when I drop off the car tomm.

From what i can tell, there is no obvious leak, as there are no puddles on my drive!

Will keep you posted & thanks for the replies!

Rob

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club