Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying New Lights!

LJAM

HI!

So, ive decided to upgrade my lights for my car and am stuck between going with autobeam or CEUK. At the moment CEUK are coming out cheaper yet im finding it confusing as to what type of kit to buy:

https://www.carenhancementsuk.co.uk/collections/x-ceuk-lighting-full-kits/products/mk7-st-full-upgrade-kit?variant=6439865843742

https://www.carenhancementsuk.co.uk/products/mk7-5-fiesta-full-kit-bulb-drl-main-beam

So one has a 'Bulb DLR' and the other has a 'daytime running LED strip'. Could anyone help me an tell me which link to buy for my 2014 mk7.5 1l ecoboost?

+ Should i go with the iced white h7 halogen or pay a bit more for LED h7 dipped lights?

++ It says there is only one interior light included in these links yet i believe my car has a front and back interior light?

TIA,

Luke

Hi Luke

What kind of DRLs do you have? Do you have a strip of LEDs at the top of each light or do you have a single bulb that doubles as your high beam? IIRC the titanium and above have the strip, the zetec has a single bulb in each headlight.

I would go with the Halogen H7 bulbs, aftermarket LED are notoriously crap. The beam pattern is never good and the net they give off is just incredible, that’s despite coils for heat dissipation. You run the risk of melting your units and/or the wiring, and at worst am electrical fire. The throw of the LED beam is also worse, especially in the rain or with standing water as the beam reflects right off it. That said, many people have fitted LEDs with no reported problems so ‘you pays your money, you take your chances’. I used to fit HID kits in my previous cars but I’ve gone off that now too.

You can order a second interior bulb if needed, they are pennies anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been hearing bad things about CEUK and there products. @Loftie12 bought from them and was not happy with the bulbs. I'd recommend autobeam as they give either a 2 or 5 year warranty plus their 'performance' range of lights are super bright. Customer service is really good also, I recently bought 7 c5w bulbs from them and 2 sadly don't work so they said to send it back for an exchange and they also pay for postage if you send a picture of the receipt of postage to them. Like Jonro said I'd not use LEDs as main lights as they don't really give out a good throw of light. Philips do halogen bulbs called xtreme vision which says gives a little more whiter light and 120% extra brightness so you will see that it has a really long throw of light. @ToXIcG installed these and there was a clear difference in colour compared to the standard halogen bulbs. They also do another kit called white vision which says gives a xenon white light but 80% more light. 

Use code SIGNUP10 to get a discount on autobeam 👍. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club