Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone want bonnet lifters for their mk3?

Phil21185

nice do they make any damage? i know for back make damage.

Have them on the ST.  A doddle to fit and excellent for the price.

Anyone know if anywhere sells/makes a kit like this for the MK2? Cheers!

Thank for the heads up, just ordered for my car! 

They seem fairly straightforward to fit but I'll be putting a guide up on my build thread when I've done mine!

Also, although they're pretty good value, I've asked Belinda at Dark Ice Designs if they'd be willing to provide a discount code for FOC members for a small discount or free shipping or something.

I made it clear that I don't work for or represent FOC but that I'm an active member looking to spread the word lol!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

They seem fairly straightforward to fit but I'll be putting a guide up on my build thread when I've done mine!

That be great if you could. Will they fit the Mk3.5 too ? 

23 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

Also, although they're pretty good value, I've asked Belinda at Dark Ice Designs if they'd be willing to provide a discount code for FOC members for a small discount or free shipping or something.

I made it clear that I don't work for or represent FOC but that I'm an active member looking to spread the word lol!

I can't justify the full price for these, but would be interested if there's a forum discount lol.  Then again, I'm hoping not to have the bonnet too much... :laugh: 

Considering that the first kit I looked at about 6 months ago was over £60 and IIRC required removal of the bonnet and much other farting around, I think £35 is extremely reasonable.

On the other hand, as you say, how many times do you open the bonnet to make it that much of an inconvenience to use the prop? 

I see the point for show cars and things with nice bits to look at under there but for me, it's just something I've wanted to do =]

The advert says 2011 onwards which would cover the 3.5 but if you're not sure best email directly.

How exactly would you fit these with no drilling, welding etc? [emoji848] Would love something similar for my Fiesta but don't want to set myself up for a job that I wouldn't be comfortable finishing [emoji23]

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Not sure yet so will post a guide when done :)

• Like 1

Not sure yet so will post a guide when done :)
Will keep my eyes peeled!

The short description on Dark Ice makes it seem to easy to be true [emoji12]

15 minutes ago, zagobir said:

Will keep my eyes peeled!

The short description on Dark Ice makes it seem to easy to be true emoji12.png

You can get struts from NB styling. It's made for the mk6 fiestas. I think also someone on YouTube made a video fitting them in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zagobir said:

How exactly would you fit these with no drilling, welding etc? emoji848.png Would love something similar for my Fiesta but don't want to set myself up for a job that I wouldn't be comfortable finishing emoji23.png

It's a 15 minute job using a 10mm spanner or socket. 

Well mine turned up yesterday so all being well there will be a guide up on my build thread a bit later (after uni!)

Mine have now arrived too. They look  rather good, hopefully get them fitted at some point this week. 

2 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

Well mine turned up yesterday so all being well there will be a guide up on my build thread a bit later (after uni!)

Very interested, will keep an eye on your build thread . 

I've had 2 kits. A set that used the existing wing attachment bolt. These were Cr*p!, the lower plate rotated every time you shut the bonnet and the dampers rusted. stripped em off in under 6 months. I then bought a £70 kit which are excellent and have been on for 2 years

Top mounts will always be the bonnet mount bolts. If you only undo one side at a time the bonnet doesn't move and you can rebolt them with no issues

The bottom mounts get a lot of force on them off centre. make sure there is no way they can rotate

@Phil21185

I have those DarkIceDesigns on my MK3.5, i can recommend them :) you do not have to create a guide because the gas struts already comes with the manual :) so who ever buys it, will have the step by step paper. 

The installation took about 10-15min. 

The only problem i see that there is a small collision with the washer fluid pipe. It can be visible on one of my photo in my thread.

It is ok you can leave it like that but i would personally recommend before the installation, try to hide the washer pipe somewhere under the plastic there.

And here they are on my car

All fitted - Bannko you're right, but I'll do a guide anyway as I've taken all the photos...

• Like 1

Guide is up on my build thread!

• Like 1

Like the look of these!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the write up, very informative. 

Question ! Why do you need to remove the bonnet bumpers, will the struts not work correctly with them in place?

Also how much force do you require to pull down on the bonnet to close it. . Is it a matter of pulling down and let the weight of the bonnet close it self under the struts tension, or do you have to hang onto the bonnet as you close it ? 

Dont want the bonnet to be slammed shut. Also once you release the bonnet locking do you just lift it up or will the struts lift it up by themselves? 

Sorry to many questions. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club