Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Error code u2023

Ami carter

Just sent my focus 2008 for a mot and failed due to this error code I don't even have my engine warning light on. She starts up lovely and traction control light comes on as it should I can switch it on and off as your supposed to any ideas  

Sounds like you had a funny MOT tester if they failed it for what you said. Reading error codes is not part of the MOT, so no idea why it's failed on that. Did you take it to an independent garage, the main dealer or halfords/kwikfit?

What engine is it? Without having a look at the code, what made you think it was to do with traction control?

Halfords. Normally take it to a independent garage who has tested my car for 5 years unfortunately weather etc it's a 2l engine. The mechanic at Halfords said it was to do with traction control or abs so he had to fail it.. I did have break discs put on and new pads but that's what was done at Ford. Really weird  as I always assumed that if the car had any error codes engine warning light would appear on the dashboard. Which it did last year as 02 sensor went fixed the problem engine warning light went 

From what little I know , u 2023 is a communication error and  may have shown a fault on the brake test, hence the tester went looking, not the he should have, certainly shouldn't have failed the car if no light on

So the ABS/ESP light comes on when you switch the ignition on, but then goes off with the engine running?

If so, there's no fault.  And codes aren't part of the test, although fault lights are.  Could you show us a picture of the actual failure sheet or send your reg over and I'll check the online one.

U faults aren't particularly helpful, they are often just minor glitches that fix themselves.

That's exactly what happens with my car my registration is Mv08 oef

53 minutes ago, Ami carter said:

That's exactly what happens with my car my registration is Mv08 oef

Ok, the MOT fails are -

Reason(s) for failure

• Offside Registration plate lamp not working (1.1.C.1d)
  • Exhaust emissions carbon monoxide content after 2nd fast idle excessive (7.3.D.3)
  • Exhaust emissions hydrocarbon content after 2nd fast idle excessive (7.3.D.3)
  • Electronic stability system warning lamp indicates a fault (3.4.1c)

So the warning light must have stayed on when the MOT was done I guess.  If it's not on normally though, I don't really know what to suggest as there doesn't seem to be a fault.

It's weird fixed the emissions issue air intake pipe was split. And ford can't find a fault when they do a diagnostic. Retest  tomorrow but have booked her in for a second mot with Ford to see what they think. Thanks for all your help 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club