Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Hot Magenta Paint Been 'keyed' :(

scott_thomas

Hi All,

Recently some lovely person has decided to leave their mark on the side of my car with a 4-5 foot long key scratch on the passenger side, was wondering if anybody knew how much roughly to get this touched up/ re sprayed or whatever.

The other problem its the hot magenta pearlescent paint which will probably add to the cost. if any1 has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks

Hi All,

Recently some lovely person has decided to leave their mark on the side of my car with a 4-5 foot long key scratch on the passenger side, was wondering if anybody knew how much roughly to get this touched up/ re sprayed or whatever.

The other problem its the hot magenta pearlescent paint which will probably add to the cost. if any1 has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks

That sucks! Mine is going in to the bodyshop soon to get sorted after I scuffed the front and the back. It's going through the Insurance but I might get a copy of the Invoice which would give me an idea of the cost (although it's probably inflated for the insurance)

I had a "normal" coloured Ka which was keyed all along door and wing and that cost around £300 - the whole door and rear wing were resprayed.

Have you checked your Insurance? as many policies will repair vandalism without any effect to your ncd, as long as you have a crime reference number.

Omg what low life scum would do this?! Feel for you, its bad enough when some1 opens the door in2 your pride and joy but this is just pure evil.just a thought but where u were parked was there no CCTV? Just cos a lot of carparks seem 2 have them now? Anyway good luck with getting it sorted and hope its not 2 expensive.

when i had my bonnet resprayed on my old car becuase of being keyed, cost £180.00

The magenta colour is a lot harder to respray,as its a 3 coat process rather than the usual 2 coat process for metalics.

Thats the reason it costs more when ordering.

Dave

The magenta colour is a lot harder to respray,as its a 3 coat process rather than the usual 2 coat process for metalics.

Thats the reason it costs more when ordering.

Dave

Do you think the body shop will realise that from the paint code? I'm a bit worried about the colour match, the wee lad that looked it over put metallic on the quote.

Thanks for the replies, unfortunately no cctv was in the car park. As it was at the back of where i play 5 a side and there is no lighting there either. There are some proper low life's out there but nothing i can do about that. I will have a look into my insurance to see if they cover vandelism without affecting the no claims. Hopefully they do. Going to go and get a couple quotes from some bodyshop places hopefully will be in a reasonable price range.

If you do get a copy of the invoice and get a rough estimate on what the price could be for the paintwork.

A couple of u had your cars keyed aswell. Dont really know what possesses people to do it. For no reason whatsoever.

Thankyou for ur input guys. I'll let you know how i get on with it.

Do you think the body shop will realise that from the paint code? I'm a bit worried about the colour match, the wee lad that looked it over put metallic on the quote.

See my post above for the full spec,

Its basically a 2 coat metalic,which is easy enough,then instead of using a clear gloss on top,you use a coloured gloss.

Dave

Hmmmmmmmm, I really hope they know what they are doing.... I'm getting a bit worried!