Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Footwell Lights

pugboy

I know a lot of the zetecs etc have the bulb holders and wiring etc. But I'd say if you have a focus sport which is essentially a titanium minus a couple of things you are very likely to have the holders and wiring. I looked at this thread for the first time last night and I went out to my 11 plate sport (which another guy quite rightly said this is one of the last mk 2.5's which was placed on sale as a budget option to the mk 3) and I have the bulb holders and wiring.....I'm sure I have a couple of spare number plate bulbs so I will give it a go. Don't see why it shouldn't work. They are easy to find. Just take a torch dowm to footwell. Hope they work!

I know a lot of the zetecs etc have the bulb holders and wiring etc. But I'd say if you have a focus sport which is essentially a titanium minus a couple of things you are very likely to have the holders and wiring. I looked at this thread for the first time last night and I went out to my 11 plate sport (which another guy quite rightly said this is one of the last mk 2.5's which was placed on sale as a budget option to the mk 3) and I have the bulb holders and wiring.....I'm sure I have a couple of spare number plate bulbs so I will give it a go. Don't see why it shouldn't work. They are easy to find. Just take a torch dowm to footwell. Hope they work!

They should work, mine's a 2011 Sport too and it was a case of just popping the LEDs in and away you go. Makes a world of difference when you open the front doors... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I just put in boring old number plate lights in! I'm thinking some red mood lighting like you see in the new Astra's might be cooler or blue

Just shows you how cars are made to a budget and every penny per car counts. I mean, wiring and bulb holders and no bulbs. With the amount of bulbs ford would have needed from the bulb manufacturer they would have literally been pence per car. I really hope footwell lighting wasn't an option for a given trim level or customers would have been severely ripped off.. I know its std in titanium

• 4 weeks later...

Just posting to say thanks. New Zetec S and i have the holders in black.

*Edit* got all excited and noticed i have a literal holder but not the bulb bit. DOH! :(

My 05 reg Mondeo ST TDCi was the same - footwell bulbholders but no bulbs - talk about penny pinching !

• 10 months later...

many thx mine has them, shoved in some normal bulbs, until some Blue ice leds arrived

DSC_0096.jpg

love em

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/14/2011 at 10:31 AM, pugboy said:

Hi

Not sure if you guys on here know this, but the majority of the current Focus models are prewired for the footwell lights - you just plug the bulbs in! I've done this on my 55 plate Zetec and on two of my workmates cars who have 08 plate Zetec's.

Just letting you know anyway as its a nice little extra to have and it only costs a couple of quid for the bulbs.

If anyone else knows of any similar enhancements that can be made on the cheap let me know.

Can you tell me how you put your lights in I have been looking on my focus zetec ecbost but I can't find anything 

2 hours ago, daveb1234567890 said:

Can you tell me how you put your lights in I have been looking on my focus zetec ecbost but I can't find anything 

If it's a focus ecoboost I imagine that'll be a mk3 focus. The pre-wired footwell lights referred to here were on focus mk2/mk2.5. Not too familiar with mk3,only got a mk2.5 myself,could in theory have pre-wired holders in footwell as well but not got one myself to check so couldn't tell you I'm afraid,sorry.

Some have put up pictures further down on page 1 and also on page 3 of where they are on mk2/mk2.5 if any help,obviously won't be exactly the same on mk3 but gives an illustration of where they are on mk2.

Edited by paul321

• 3 months later...

Became a member just to say a massive thanks to the OP! Looks so good in my focus and so easy to do 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Exeter said:

Became a member just to say a massive thanks to the OP! Looks so good in my focus and so easy to do 

Easy when it's prewired ¬_¬ GRRR

Welcome :D

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ianb said:

Easy when it's prewired ¬_¬ GRRR

Welcome :D

See my guide if your not factory wired or want to add an illuminated ignition ring and rear footwell lighting :

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Just Checked Mine 7 i Have them , awesome , i put Osram Led's in them white ones i was going to put in sidelights but i will put them in sidelights and get blue or Red ones for Footwell ,

My Car is Focus 2010 1.6tdci Zetec S (3 door) if it helps anyone else  

• 6 months later...

ive no got them .. and my basic focus lx did have them:wallbash:

Mine has them, not sure if it's because it's a Ghia or old. You'd think they'd be in newer models, that has surprised me that they're not.

• 2 years later...
On 1/15/2011 at 11:57 AM, starfield said:

I am really interested in this thread. Where is the footwell light meant to be and where can i find the wiring?

Were did you find the wires m8 iv looked all day still not find them 😐 do you have pictures m8

Edited by Mattengland.25

db2a1a961802b732f43a5f131cb07aef.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

On 1/19/2011 at 6:36 PM, catch said:

That's a bummer

Anyway I've been out an taken a picture for you

post-9643-0-35976900-1295462191_thumb.jp

Have you got pictures from were the wiring comes from please 

Right, I know I've pegged this as a necrothread but will attempt to help you out.

If you don't have wiring for footwell lights you can tap from the loom at the headlight switch.

You need to pull the switch out first-

Locate the torx screw in the recess that the obd port is fitted into.

Remove screw and the panel will pull forward (give it a decent tug to detatch the panel clips).

Unclip the obd port and drop the panel away.

Reach behind headlight switch and there are flaps at the top & bottom, pinch towards the switch and push the switch forward.

The wire to pin 16 is the switched live feed to the number plate lights, the footwell lights will come on when the headlights are turned on (sidelight phase and above).

Run 2 live feeds on parallel to t10 bulb holders.

For an earth just run parallel wires from the holders to any body mounted screw or bolt.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

Guys, i found the wiring and de bulb holder in my focus mk2.5 but when i plug the bulbs nothnig work...whats wrong?