Rogue_Shadow

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S 1.6 VVT
Contributor

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:57 PM

1. Electric folding mirrors

It's a convenience feature really, although it is cool to watch the mirrors fold away when you lock it. Protection wise it's not going to do alot.
If a car Hits your mirrors even when folded in, He's going to be damn close! More of a "getting the car into the garage" & "My car can hear you" button :lol:

2. Parking sensors

I find these really useful and have become lazy when it comes to parking, so its personal preference really. But I know they can be added fairly cheaply to existing fords for a more reasonable amount than you imagine.

3. Rain sensors

:huh: Look at your left arm, just above the wrist ... A Hand yea? Now look at your Right arm ... another Hand!
Well, looks like we've solved that problem :lol:

4. Heated windscreen

Out of the 5 you listed, this would be my TOP priority. It's extremely useful to start the car on a cold or icy day and just push the heated screen button. Mine works incredibly fast. during that cold period we had during the start of the year, I'd get in the car push the button and the sheet of THICK ice over the windscreen would be gone in 10 minutes. No extra help required from Mr De-icer.

5. Cruise control

I want! But its not an option on Zetec S models at all :( Would go along way to help MPG on long Motorway journeys. But I've managed fine without it, Averaging 40mpg on the trip computer and in real life scenario Travelled from Cornwall to Cardiff (200+ Miles) on just over half a tank. Very comfortable car for Long trips :)

Hope this helps you a tiny tiny tiny little bit :D

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Tato

Tato

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • Name: Tato
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.6 Duratec Ti-VCT
  • Year: 2011

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:17 PM

1. Electric folding mirrors

It's a convenience feature really, although it is cool to watch the mirrors fold away when you lock it. Protection wise it's not going to do alot.
If a car Hits your mirrors even when folded in, He's going to be damn close! More of a "getting the car into the garage" & "My car can hear you" button :lol:

2. Parking sensors

I find these really useful and have become lazy when it comes to parking, so its personal preference really. But I know they can be added fairly cheaply to existing fords for a more reasonable amount than you imagine.

3. Rain sensors

:huh: Look at your left arm, just above the wrist ... A Hand yea? Now look at your Right arm ... another Hand!
Well, looks like we've solved that problem :lol:

4. Heated windscreen

Out of the 5 you listed, this would be my TOP priority. It's extremely useful to start the car on a cold or icy day and just push the heated screen button. Mine works incredibly fast. during that cold period we had during the start of the year, I'd get in the car push the button and the sheet of THICK ice over the windscreen would be gone in 10 minutes. No extra help required from Mr De-icer.

5. Cruise control

I want! But its not an option on Zetec S models at all :( Would go along way to help MPG on long Motorway journeys. But I've managed fine without it, Averaging 40mpg on the trip computer and in real life scenario Travelled from Cornwall to Cardiff (200+ Miles) on just over half a tank. Very comfortable car for Long trips :)

Hope this helps you a tiny tiny tiny little bit :D

This is what I call perfect explanation :) Thank you mate!

I would not even consider the parking sensors unless I was living in a city which did not have problems with parking places. But it depends what price I get from Ford because I am just to lazy to add them :D

10 minutes for the heated windscreen? Do you need to have the engine turned on when starting the heated windscreen? (hopefully it's not a stupid question) :D

Good that you've mentioned about the comfort level, because I was many times wondering if the Fiesta is comfortable for long drives.

#18 jmbrown91

jmbrown91

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec S 1.0 EcoBoost
  • Year: 2013

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:28 PM

They are relatively pricey but that's normal when adding them aftermarket. I am still wondering if I should add them to my car...

You said that you will get your car next week, right?

Yeah it was built last tuesday and is apparently making its way up from Valencia as we speak..the guy at the dealer said it will probably be in the UK either later today or tomorrow..pick is estimated Friday next week :)

#19 Tato

Tato

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:32 PM

Yeah it was built last tuesday and is apparently making its way up from Valencia as we speak..the guy at the dealer said it will probably be in the UK either later today or tomorrow..pick is estimated Friday next week :)

Excited right? :D

Imagine me, I got the car on the 2nd of June and I will drive it most likely in August...that's a pain, believe me ;)

#20 jmbrown91

jmbrown91

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:43 PM

Definitely lol..its been in the planning since before Christmas and its finally come around..although still got a week and a half to go!

I feel for you, that is a long wait especially when you know its just sat there waiting for you :huh:

#21 Tato

Tato

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:55 PM

Definitely lol..its been in the planning since before Christmas and its finally come around..although still got a week and a half to go!

I feel for you, that is a long wait especially when you know its just sat there waiting for you :huh:

True...waiting for me...Probably when I will get my hands on it I will sleep in the car for a few days :D :D :D not I didn't have a car before but this is the first brand new car that I've bought.

#22 jmbrown91

jmbrown91

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:04 PM

True...waiting for me...Probably when I will get my hands on it I will sleep in the car for a few days :D :D :D not I didn't have a car before but this is the first brand new car that I've bought.

Same this is the first brand new car I've had..it's going to be a massive step up from my 13 year old Mk4 Fiesta that I have at the moment :)

#23 Tato

Tato

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:22 PM

Same this is the first brand new car I've had..it's going to be a massive step up from my 13 year old Mk4 Fiesta that I have at the moment :)

Sure, Mk4 to Mk7 really good trade :)

I owned one Bmw E46 before and I hope I won't be disappointed with the Fiesta...

#24 cyb

cyb

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 548 posts
  • Name: Colin
  • Ford Model: fiesta 1.4tdci
  • Year: 2009

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:53 PM

I have all except the parking sensors, and find ALL very useful.
Of course you don’t NEED any of these but…

Cruise – comes in handy when you have a stretch of road covered by average speed cameras and for motorway travel, set it and watch the road not your speedo.

Folding mirrors – garage entrance is a bit tight and modern cars have got wider. Reversing out with the mirrors folded means I can watch where I’m going not the mirror/ garage door

Rain Sensor – yes ok we all have hands, but for the times when you overtake a truck on a motorway or a bus or HGV is coming in the opposite direction and chucks a wave load of water on your screen and the wipers kick up speed automatically while you keep your hands on the steering wheel and eyes on the road - a great idea that works well

Heated Window Screen – first time I’ve had a car with one on and last winter it proved its worth. Many a time I have defrosted my window screen using the normal scraper/ de-icer to find as soon as I start off down the road the cold air ices up the screen making it difficult to see where you are going. Heated screen saves all the faff and I'm really going to miss it during the winter months if I buy a non-ford.

All–in-all each of these ‘extras’ are there to help you and they certainly do.

#25 Tato

Tato

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:25 PM

I have all except the parking sensors, and find ALL very useful.
Of course you don’t NEED any of these but…

Cruise – comes in handy when you have a stretch of road covered by average speed cameras and for motorway travel, set it and watch the road not your speedo.

Folding mirrors – garage entrance is a bit tight and modern cars have got wider. Reversing out with the mirrors folded means I can watch where I’m going not the mirror/ garage door

Rain Sensor – yes ok we all have hands, but for the times when you overtake a truck on a motorway or a bus or HGV is coming in the opposite direction and chucks a wave load of water on your screen and the wipers kick up speed automatically while you keep your hands on the steering wheel and eyes on the road - a great idea that works well

Heated Window Screen – first time I’ve had a car with one on and last winter it proved its worth. Many a time I have defrosted my window screen using the normal scraper/ de-icer to find as soon as I start off down the road the cold air ices up the screen making it difficult to see where you are going. Heated screen saves all the faff and I'm really going to miss it during the winter months if I buy a non-ford.

All–in-all each of these ‘extras’ are there to help you and they certainly do.

Thanks mate for sharing this info!

#26 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,666 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: 2011 Fiesta Titanium Auto

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:21 PM

I'd have to agree with cyb to be honest.

The suspense of my Titanium nearly killed me. I was so desperate to get my hands on it after months of waiting.
My previous (first) car was a 9 year old ex-driving school base trim Hyundai Accent, with 145,000 miles on its tired little petrol engine - so switching to a 2011 Titanium Fiesta was just total luxary. lol

You'll love it!

Paul :D

#27 Tato

Tato

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:27 PM

I'd have to agree with cyb to be honest.

The suspense of my Titanium nearly killed me. I was so desperate to get my hands on it after months of waiting.
My previous (first) car was a 9 year old ex-driving school base trim Hyundai Accent, with 145,000 miles on its tired little petrol engine - so switching to a 2011 Titanium Fiesta was just total luxary. lol

You'll love it!

Paul :D

I am sure about that...but the waiting is stressing me a lot :D :D :D

#28 jmbrown91

jmbrown91

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:53 PM

I've got 9 days to go and im like that too..can not wait to get my car lol..just praying nothings wrong with it haha..

It's going to be a massive jump Iuxoriousness to the Titanium lol..

The countdown is nearing it's end! Woo :):)

#29 Tato

Tato

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:12 PM

I've got 9 days to go and im like that too..can not wait to get my car lol..just praying nothings wrong with it haha..

It's going to be a massive jump Iuxoriousness to the Titanium lol..

The countdown is nearing it's end! Woo :):)

Well...it does not matter...my E46 was not full option, just a relatively basic one. And anyway it does not matter, I just wanted to have a new car and the Fiesta was the best choice!

I was struggling between the Polo and the Fiesta but I am happy I've chosen the Fiesta since it looks much better.

#30 Starman

Starman

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Name: Peter
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 90 TDCI
  • Year: 2009

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:26 PM

With regards to the parking sensors for £199.99 would someone please be so kind to provide further details.

Thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users