Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

It is possible to change the mileage with ELMconfig but the program will only accept a higher mileage. It is not possible to change the mileage downwards.

Ah I was going to say! There would be alot of Fords on Autotrader with fantastic mileage otherwise.

There is programmes out there that can do this,but now that you can get all the info online on previous MOT's with the current mileage at each mot, clocking could only be done in small amounts as you can easily catch them out

Sorry, I don't have a voice control, so I can't play with it. Could it be you get a voice control menu or something in the cars display?

About setting the voice control to english, have you tried "English language" at page 1 of the HEC module or directly in the menus in the cars display?

It can't be done like that. I need module reprogramming. Only IDS is capable of that. I was hopping that civil will make ELMConfig capable of module reprogramming on bluetooth/voice module, but nothing so far...

Some late modules (CS7T-....) are capable of switching languages without reprogramming.

ELMConfig -> HEC -> Configuration -> Page 2 -> "HEC Level 2/3 Menu speedlock suppression"

Reading this thread, I've the impression people think this is were we enable submenus in the cars display. I believe this is were we enable which menus will be available when the car moves.

I tested it to day. I ticked all of them. Then I could even operate the steering setting, while I was driving. Seems to me you can do everything in the menus, if everything is ticked. When I removed all of the six submenus, I couldn't operate the ESP function any more, which I normally can. It might not be a good idea enabling other submenus though. I don't want to take the blame if some of you crash, playing with the menus :unsure:

Yes, that's what it does.

Can I turn the radio code off with elmconfig as mine is locked and I don't have hg key at present!!

What radio have you got ?? and does it say locked on the screen

Didn't say locked on the screen. My serial number starts with a V so had to get the code off eBay for £2.48 and is all sorted. Ford wanted 20 quid and they wanted me to go there too so that would've been another tenner in juice too

I know tell me about it. I was getting grief about no Jake and the neverland pirates or dingle dangle scarecrow and it's the school run tomorrow

TBH seeing as the kids listen to weird stuff I would have thought the silence was preferrable ;)

Ah but its. It silence though is it lol. Its "Daaaaaad.......where's my song??"

I hope my children never wish to listen to their music in the car... bad enough I have to listen to the Mrs choice of music...

Start developing the iron fist approach - if they want their song, they can have a dirt cheap MP3 player, and a set of headphones! :p thats my plan anyway!

Hi,

Today I received the elm327 from eBay and it works perfectly.

What are configuration files from civil.iffc and where are these files used for?

Is it safe to do these updates with elm?

hi,

Please help me because I'm desperate.

Today I tried to update my pcm, my bad, using elm and now the engine can't start.

my car is focus 1.8 tdci, pcm ver. 7M51-12A650-BNA and I made a copy of original firmware

What to do? please help

hi,

Today I tried to update my pcm, my bad, using elm and now the engine can't start.

my car is focus 1.8 tdci, pcm ver. 7M51-12A650-BNA and I made a copy of original firmware

What to do? please help

follow this guide dont take any notice of the cruse control it show you how to put your back up back

let it run and make sure your laptop is on the mains

https://app.box.com/s/o0kij7za2no0io83yfqx

hi,

What to do? please help

This is a known problem on some firmwareversions of the 1.8 TDCI which is not related to the ELM327 interface or ELMconfig. A few years ago Ford even released a TSB (technical service bulletin) to all dealers about this problem.

On the affected firmware versions the PATS data is deleted from the PCM during a firmware update. If the PATS data file of the PCM is empty the car will not start. In this case it is nescessary to pair/initialize the PCM with the instrument cluster after a firmware update. This can only be done with a suitable Ford specific diagnostic system which has the ability to program the Coded PATS (immobilizer) system.

At the moment the only thing you can do is find someone (with a Ford specific diagnostic system) who is able to pair/initialize the PATS system of the PCM and instrument cluster.

When I put the ignition I received the engine malfunction message, instrument cluster leds turns off.....from the engine I hear strange sounds, engine spins very hard like the battery is dead. It is normal?

Hi,

I followed the steps posted here http://s1203.photobucket.com/user/dezwez1/media/39_zps58e35213.jpg.html

by dezwez but the engine don't start. When I put the ignition on the imobiliser red light is blinking very fast, and it continue to slow down until it stops blinking. The engine malfunction error don't show up anymore. Also, I think that the battery power is down because in elmconfig at pcm button, ignition voltage it appear 10.27 V.

I think the car is bricked and I expect to worst case

JW1982 explained you the case, it seems your case is the same. You need to reprogram PATS immobilizer using IDS/VCM.

How much it costs because I called someone and he said to me that this operation costs 350 euros and it is done in 2 days!!!!!

Reprogramming the PATS system will only take about 15 to 30 minutes so in my opinion €350,- is way too much.

Based on the average labour costs for diagnostics I think €50,- to €75,- would be a reasonable price.

Hi,

Is there any chance to be my pcm bricked permanently? Today I called at my Ford local dealer and he said that is a possibility.

On the other hand, when I connect the elm to the pcm it read information and there is a DTC error P1622. I think the photo is suggestive.Thank you

poza.jpg

DTC code P1622 (Immobilizer ID Does Not Match) means that the PATS data of the PCM and the instrument cluster do not match.

After reprogramming of the PATS system the problem must be solved.

Yuupiiii! My car is on the road again. Thank you guys for your help. I never repeat this experience.

Yuupiiii! My car is on the road again. Thank you guys for your help. I never repeat this experience.

Your post couldnt be more useless that this...Give all the details man!

• Like 1