Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking Playing Up, Any Ideas?

dreamweaverz

Hey all, started having problems with the central locking on my mk1 focus, if the passenger side door is unlocked the drivers side won't lock using the remote it just locks and then bounces back open (Doesn't even appear to try lock the passenger side) yet if the passenger side is already locked then it locks fine. Does anyone know what could be causing this error?

I swear at some point i'm gonna forget and leave my car open thinking its locked, have to remember to watch for the indicators flashing!

Cheers!

ive got the same sort of problem but mine is worse mine wont lock at all ive got to disconnect the battery every night and lock each door manualy ive been looking for an answer for weeks but cant seem to find one.

• 2 months later...

Hello, I've got exactly the same problem on my 02 estate, did you ever find out what the problem was if so can you let me know. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

nope never found the problem! just got rid of the car instead.

Hey all, started having problems with the central locking on my mk1 focus, if the passenger side door is unlocked the drivers side won't lock using the remote it just locks and then bounces back open (Doesn't even appear to try lock the passenger side) yet if the passenger side is already locked then it locks fine

The most obvious cause would seem to be that you've lost the drive to the lock motor on the passenger door. Maybe a corroded connector, a fracture in the cable where it passes into the door or worst case the motor itself. If the passenger door is detected unlocked the system will bounce the other locks as you've described.

above or the motor is on its way out an old trick as they suffer from water to the lock is remove the top torque screw closest the pass or driver seat on the door where the catch is get wd40 and use the supplied straw put it in the hole and angle it down at 45 degrees and spray a good blast now replace the torque screw and give it 15 minutes and retry locking it

Water ingress on the Passenger door actuator. Quite a common issue on MK1 Focus's.

Easy enough to rectify if your mechanically minded. May just need splitting and cleaning with wd-40 etc. Worse case is replacement

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club