Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost 1.0 Tuning Possibilities = More Powerrrr!!!!

domo85

The turbo on the 1.0 ecoboost 100bhp is different from the 125bhp....also, it is not the 1.6 ecoboost turbo either :) I am a ford mechanic just too clarify the info

Yeah I meant tht all the turbos were different but the 1.6 turbo fits the 1.0 engine and what do you think of this extra 40 bhp from a standard remap on a 100 bhp 1.0 sounds bs to me too many company's offering too much and no evidence to show for it

Ahh right haha! Ehm 40bhp is alot for remap I wouldnt trust it

Hi, why would the turbo's need to be different on the 1.0l, stands to reason it doesn't have to be as it is the boost and the mapping of injectors that can give the difference in ps. I haven't read anywhere that states they are different either. The 1.6 ecoboost in either 150ps or 182 uses the same Borg Warner KP39 turbo. Producing different turbos for the same engine just puts more on the cost of production and I doubt any manufacturer would have that additional expense instead of just changing the map...

It is a different turbo with the 100ps and 125ps 1.0 ecoboost engines, I may be wrong but I am sure they are different

It is a different turbo with the 100ps and 125ps 1.0 ecoboost engines, I may be wrong but I am sure they are different

I think your wrong but you may be right.....

I have sent another email to Celtic tuning asking to confirm engine specs and so on just to see what they say. There is no reason to have different turbos as many manufactures use same engines all part being identical just a remap holding it back Luke vw group do it with many engines.... The only problem would only be gearbox and clutch as it's a bit of an old dog and might not hold up so well to the extra bhp and is more ideal to mpg rather than bhp

Here's a pic of my turbo, any guessing on which 1.0 model I have 100/120ps?

post-41938-0-25647700-1379785153_thumb.j

I would say it's the 125ps guessing from it avatar pic looks like a zs

I shall try get a pic of mine if no one else can post a 100ps one before me

I believe they have the same turbo but different boost settings, as in the 125ps you gain 30 more nm of torque in a 30second period.. Meaning that the 125ps has a higher boost setting to allow more power. As for the 30 seconds, after that the overboost needs time to cool off.

Just been and cleaned the car (getting tints later) :) and on the turbo there is a 100 marking but otherwise looks identical i guess the 100/120 marking is just to distinguish each output type but im going to look into it a bit more and also will put up some pics later.

As I said....being a ford mechanic...the turbo is different, I said I may be wrong as I didnt want too sound like a know it all ar** hole.....but I have noticed on the turbos they are marked 100/105, 120/125 etc... Disnt want too put anyone in there place

Ha as long as ur not a mechanic from my local ford dealer i believe you ha just be handy if there was more solid data for it to be proven also.

any one have any ideas what kind of power the 100ps 5speed gearbox could take??

Haha! Had a bad experience then? Lol! And its the IB5 gearbox thats on them...it can take plenty of power lol! Hardly any problems with them :)

• 2 months later...

Anyone know where they currently sell a induction kit for the ZS? This is begging for more noise and power!

post-48799-138830781704_thumb.jpg

Doesn't say it will fit the 1.0, that was what I was looking at and if the output diameter where you put the MAF sensor in is different then it will mess it up, so don't know if I should risk it or not

I'm using one developed by finsport, they're just working on a bracket for the relocation of a relay harness.