Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Order placed!! So excited!

BenW

Yea i hope it is but with all the horror stories at the moment, its hard to stay positive. Just got to keep fingers crossed and hope nothing changes. I ring my dealer on a weekly basis for an update so will post any changes on here. Hope it stays as 19th or comes forward but think that is very unlikely. Keep me updated on yours.

The hardest part is working out how to react if the dealer says it will be another couple of months, cos it could happen.

I mean what the hell do you do? get angry? accept it? cancel? kick off? twist their arm for money off? It's not the dealers fault at the end of the day, they must be majorly !Removed! off with having to put up with angry customers having a go at them just because Ford are so damn slow.

I wonder how much money ford are losing out on when customers walk off the forecourt after hearing about the four month wait......

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BenW

• Jonny87

• jma78b

• jayb

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remembered you ordered yours before mine! My build is 20th May...

oh dear this doesn't look good, I hope my build date hasn't been put back... Maybe yours is so long because of the interior pack, that has only recently become available. Also your dealer did seem mildly dodgy. Either way I am going in tomorrow hoping for updates. Also want to see if i can get the reg number so I can put it into etis. Main reason is to order sport pack and some other accessories

Ronnie, how long is it usually between build date and customer pick up date? thanks

I should see mine before the end of June hopefully. As some orders are being put forward when getting closer to the date. My dealers build date/car ready turnaround is pretty fast.

My dealer has not been dodgy, shame on you :P They gave me every bit of info they had when had it.... admitedly they were unaware of the interior pack stuff, thats cus nothing told them other than when placing the order it said my build spec was available, and when rang ford twice no problems just in que... so meh...

I ordered mine 6th March, should get in time for end of June/before 6th July.... 4 months...

Does not matter, ive told dealer now I can put another £800 down, so that suits me fine and i would have done 2500 miles by time pick it up since mid aprill. So im happy.

And my spec is pretty cool, if i do say so myself so im all excited again now ;)

Ben

Yea i hope it is but with all the horror stories at the moment, its hard to stay positive. Just got to keep fingers crossed and hope nothing changes. I ring my dealer on a weekly basis for an update so will post any changes on here. Hope it stays as 19th or comes forward but think that is very unlikely. Keep me updated on yours.

lol, by rights urs should be delayed and mine built in its place ;) lmao.

Im sure it be all fine. we'll get them soon and piccy's to follow. Though im back in exciting phase now... though its almost as though Im ordering it now and waiting 8 weeks to get it.... doh!!!! Same wait since start of march... half way through!!

Bring dates forward ford!!! common!!!

The hardest part is working out how to react if the dealer says it will be another couple of months, cos it could happen.

I mean what the hell do you do? get angry? accept it? cancel? kick off? twist their arm for money off? It's not the dealers fault at the end of the day, they must be majorly !Removed! off with having to put up with angry customers having a go at them just because Ford are so damn slow.

I wonder how much money ford are losing out on when customers walk off the forecourt after hearing about the four month wait......

A mate of mine has just got a new KA... it was ordered start of January!! They said almost forgot they ordered it! :o

4 months is pretty bad i guess. just trying to justify its worth it. Dealers wont do anything, and to be honest they likely accepted your deposit, and once your car in the system if you cancel it will just give them opportunity to sell it to some1 else who wont have to wait as long :S

I'm pleased for you Ben that at long last you have a date. They still might bring it forward you never know. You are a very patient sort and well done on saving enough to put more down on your car. Very sensible.

Hello - first post here, though I've been lurking a while. Today we picked up our Fiesta (a Zetec 5-door with no extras, so only a 7-8 week order-to-pickup wait). Whilst there, we were talking to the dealer about the delays I'd read about here on some new orders and they said that at the moment, their hearts sink when a prospective customer comes in and says they want to buy a new Fiesta, because they know the delivery delays are going to be a potential deal-breaker - and when the scrappage deals are properly under way, they think it could get worse. I noticed they do have a fair number of the lower-spec models on the forecourt (Style, Style+, even the odd Studio) but I also noticed that those models, without any chrome trim or sport trim, don't really look as nice as the higher-spec ones, and don't seem to look right in some of the colours which the fancier models can get away with, either - they're more "colour sensitive".

In my area the supply problems do seem to be holding back the population of new Fiestas on the roads - they're still quite a rare sight. I really sympathise with those of you with long waits - it seemed like an eternity on ours, even though it was not too bad by comparison with what I'm reading now.

Hello - first post here, though I've been lurking a while. Today we picked up our Fiesta (a Zetec 5-door with no extras, so only a 7-8 week order-to-pickup wait). Whilst there, we were talking to the dealer about the delays I'd read about here on some new orders and they said that at the moment, their hearts sink when a prospective customer comes in and says they want to buy a new Fiesta, because they know the delivery delays are going to be a potential deal-breaker - and when the scrappage deals are properly under way, they think it could get worse. I noticed they do have a fair number of the lower-spec models on the forecourt (Style, Style+, even the odd Studio) but I also noticed that those models, without any chrome trim or sport trim, don't really look as nice as the higher-spec ones, and don't seem to look right in some of the colours which the fancier models can get away with, either - they're more "colour sensitive".

In my area the supply problems do seem to be holding back the population of new Fiestas on the roads - they're still quite a rare sight. I really sympathise with those of you with long waits - it seemed like an eternity on ours, even though it was not too bad by comparison with what I'm reading now.

Well congrats either way mate! :)

And yes, long long waits, feels ages since i first went in nd placed my order! Ah well!!!

Welcome to the forum and lets hope they stay a rare sight... untill after i get mine for a while at least ;)

Hello Aitchess and welcome to the forum :)

Enjoy your car. You were lucky to get it so painlessly. :lol: What colour you got? I agree with you, the others are very plain in comparison to the Zetec + models. But the interior still looks goooooddd ;)

Hello Aitchess and welcome to the forum :)

Enjoy your car. You were lucky to get it so painlessly. :lol: What colour you got? I agree with you, the others are very plain in comparison to the Zetec + models. But the interior still looks goooooddd ;)

Thanks! Fingers crossed that we will enjoy it. It's in Frozen White, which was almost blinding in this afternoon's sun (but in a good way!). You're right about the interiors - in fact, looking at the brochure, I was intrigued to see that there's actually more choice in interior colourways for the Style/Style+ than the Zetec and Titanium, really. Don't know about the Studio, as the brochure seems to ignore it for the most part (and the Econetic, but I believe that has Style trim). I have seen a Squeeze Style or Style+ in our area and that looked nice - but I wasn't too convinced by one in Avalon that I saw on the dealer's forecourt - though it was on a cloudy day that I saw it, so that might have been why!

lol, by rights urs should be delayed and mine built in its place ;) lmao.

Im sure it be all fine. we'll get them soon and piccy's to follow. Though im back in exciting phase now... though its almost as though Im ordering it now and waiting 8 weeks to get it.... doh!!!! Same wait since start of march... half way through!!

Bring dates forward ford!!! common!!!

lol or maybe not! :) i would rather my build date be earlier but i cant complain. Will get pics up once i have it and keep you all updated if anything changes. Thats a long old wait you have though, hope mine doesnt get delayed and take that long!!

Thanks! Fingers crossed that we will enjoy it. It's in Frozen White, which was almost blinding in this afternoon's sun (but in a good way!). You're right about the interiors - in fact, looking at the brochure, I was intrigued to see that there's actually more choice in interior colourways for the Style/Style+ than the Zetec and Titanium, really. Don't know about the Studio, as the brochure seems to ignore it for the most part (and the Econetic, but I believe that has Style trim). I have seen a Squeeze Style or Style+ in our area and that looked nice - but I wasn't too convinced by one in Avalon that I saw on the dealer's forecourt - though it was on a cloudy day that I saw it, so that might have been why!

Good morning Aitchess and welcome.

I think the Fiesta looks smart in white and, like you, I think Avalon's a very nondescipt colour.

How about posting some photos of your new car.................. :rolleyes:

Yesterday my dealer was on a training day and he's off again today! How much training does he need! :angry:

In the meantime, my baby was due to be delivered to the dealers tomorrow and then get the rear parking sensors added. I just wanna know if its going to come in or has already or what's happening. I have no car now and I really miss it at the weekends.

Titanium 1.6 TDCI 3dr ordered 4th April with X Pack & Tech Pack in sea grey.

Went into the dealer this morning car to see how it was going and was pleasantly surprised to find out it has left the factory and should be with the dealer on the 16th of May :P

I was expecting it in June and was preparing myself for an even later date after hearing some of the stories of other customers on this forum.

Andrew you are some lucky person! :P

I have just spoken to my dealer and today, at last, i'm going to sign the finance papers off! I get my car on Wednesday :D :D :D

So, so happy! Going to take the day off and be up there at 9am! :lol:

Titanium 1.6 TDCI 3dr ordered 4th April with X Pack & Tech Pack in sea grey.

Went into the dealer this morning car to see how it was going and was pleasantly surprised to find out it has left the factory and should be with the dealer on the 16th of May :P

I was expecting it in June and was preparing myself for an even later date after hearing some of the stories of other customers on this forum.

No sodding way!!! I have similar Build to you, ordered 21 March! That really is good! How the hell did that happen? 6 weeks!

I really want my car, going by some recent posts I am hopeful it will be here sooner than I think!!! Knowing my luck I have a long time still to wait...........

Really goes against the grain this one.... Everyone has been saying that 3 doors are delayed, titaniums are delayed, x paks are delayed (wheels), cars with extras are delayed, cars ordered after end of March are delayed etc etc.....

I am amazed :o

I have just spoken to my dealer and today, at last, i'm going to sign the finance papers off! I get my car on Wednesday :D :D :D

That's great news, I know from my previous experience that I could hardly sleep the night before and that I was at the dealership before they got in.

So maybe you will be at the dealers earlier than 9am ;)

A day off work, a fantastic new car and hopefully clear roads and sunny skies.

It sounds wonderful, I will have to start planing my day!

No sodding way!!! I have similar Build to you, ordered 21 March! That really is good! How the hell did that happen? 6 weeks!

I really want my car, going by some recent posts I am hopeful it will be here sooner than I think!!! Knowing my luck I have a long time still to wait...........

Really goes against the grain this one.... Everyone has been saying that 3 doors are delayed, titaniums are delayed, x paks are delayed (wheels), cars with extras are delayed, cars ordered after end of March are delayed etc etc.....

I do not know what to say.

The salesman looked on the system when I was deciding which options and extras etc and said that there were none that matched. He then found a Studio in the system that could be changed to a Titanium as it was not reserved by another customer and so it then became the car I ordered. The studio was originally scheduled to be built in May and that he would hopefully expect it to be at the dealers late May early June. He was also honest and up front in saying that due to high demand for these cars that unexpected delays may occur and that if they did he would call me.

The salesman at the dealership has been very good and I have no complaints at all and have found him to be very helpful and pleasant. It has restored my faith in car salesmen, who have in the past been lying, obsequious individuals who do not care about the customer.

The salesman also told me that they are getting a lot of cars in at the moment, so maybe production speeds are increasing and they are getting through the delayed orders.

Hopefully you will have good news soon and a little smile will spread across your face to become a huge grin and then you will forget the wait and say to yourself it was worth it.

!?!?!not jealous?!?!? :ph34r:

you got a build date yet? Mine is 17th June... or 19th... dam, cant remember :o

And im just lead to believe it was the interior pack on mine delaying since the build date was assigned the tuesday 5th!! So took 2months to assign a build date!!

!?!?!not jealous?!?!? :ph34r:

Yours is a better quality than mine could ever be Ben. Just think how fabulous its going to be when you do get. How shiny all its little toys will be and how new everything will be. All built to your specifications. Wonderful :)

lol, yeah i know. They rang me today and estimated it would be ready the 3rd of July.

So in about 7 weeksish then i think. joyfull.

:)

lol, yeah i know. They rang me today and estimated it would be ready the 3rd of July.

It will be the super car of super cars! The best of the best. Come Independence Day we could all come round for a bbq in your hot mota. It will be great :)

Is everyone on here dead rich or something ?

Pure putting orders in when a new model comes out I'm jealous :(

It will be the super car of super cars! The best of the best. Come Independence Day we could all come round for a bbq in your hot mota. It will be great :)

lmao... are u drunk? ;)

Yeah, im excited but still a bit of a wait to go... so trying to keep my cool else it will just draggg :P

You have had a long old wait then there. I phoned my dealer again today to confirm my build date of 19th May and they said its still on track and down to be with the dealer by 6th June and i ordered 31st March so be a 9 week turnaround. Good by sounds of things at the moment but still a long wait.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club