Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Wishbone

dave91

hi all im new to this forum and would appreciate any help, ive just tryed to replace my front wishbone and the bottom bolt is a hex one and it got rounded off, has anyone got any ideas for me ? i thought of grinding it off and whacking it through or hot bottles or try getting hold of an arc welder

try welding another nut onto the bolt head,the heat should also help with the removal too

Watch this video bro, it's not exactly the same as yours but the information is priceless, eric the car guy is without a doubt my favourite person on youtube his info is clear and straight to the point, his camera work is also good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPlndTrPK6A

Try some of what he says in the video then use a hex socket whack it in with a steal hammer until it wedges in. use an impact wrench or a decent impact driver drill, apply alot of force pushing onto it once you've already heated it up and go for it.

Important part as he states in the video, heat up the part that the bolt is in not the bolt it self, you're trying to expand the part around the bolt not the bolt it self.

I went through alot of these rounded off bolts and screws especially on brake drums on my previous 15 year old polo it was a great car never let me down and never rusted but any work on it was HARD work

Thanks for your advice much appreciated will get onto it n Let you know how it goes

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club