AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

pagdodd

Titanium X Business Edition Dab Problem

139 posts in this topic

Just got into my mondeo and found that the dab part of the radio was not working again exactly the same time as Swilt 17051.It has worked since the 7th October without any problems.Just wondering if it is anything to do with the damp weather just like my reversing camera which does not work after shower of rain but works ok when it's dry.Going to book it in again tomorrow and see what bulls--- they give me again.

Im booked in for a week today, so will update once back..... felt like 90's this morning having to listen to TalkSport on MW! :-(

Switched radio on yesterday morning and to my surprise the dab part of radio is working ok again.Im"n convinced its damp thats my problem as the camera does not work every time we have a shower of rain,and the last time we had heavy rain a couple of weeks ago like the weekend the radio would not work for an hour or so ill just keep my fingers crossed for now and see what happens but I dont have much faith in it lasting for long.

ok just got mine back, they couldnt fix it this time with Software so put me a new DAB Module in and all working fine Lets hope it lasts better than just a few months this time, but at least they have got it going.

Stoney871 likes this

Interesting they replaced the DAB module, maybe you had a "real" fault this time ? When you say they replaced the DAB module, is that a component of the combined radio/sat nav unit or the whole thing ?

Mine is still going OK since the s/ware reload a couple of months ago, but I have this nagging fear it's going to fail again at some point..................................

They told me its some module sat behind the radio player, and as this is 2nd time its gone wrong for me in last couple of months they decided to take that step. Fingers crossed thats it sorted now!

I was beginning to hope that I had avoided this problem on my 2014 TitX, and then this morning, No radio! in fact No audio at all!. It appeared to have 'crashed' completely. It would not even respond to the 'Radio' display selection button. Using the Converse controls I could select Radio but changing stations did nothing other than affect the Converse display, It was stuck on the DAB band though. Everything other than Radio/Audio worked fine. NAV, Climate,Phone etc albeit No audio from any of them!.

Eventually when I reached the office, I pulled the fuse for the Audio/BT (F43 in the Engine compartment) and it's working again. :mellow:

If it happens again, I guess it's a trip to my friendly Ford dealer for the update... :(

wow thats a worse case than mine, all that I had affected was DAB each time... After you pulled the fuse do you have to put a keycode back in or anything like that for radio? Or I guess that is only if you pull the battery... I never tried either on mine as I dont have a keycode although not sure if modern car radios still have them?

No keycode required these days. The audio system is linked to the VIN I believe

I have just picked up my 2015 mondeo with sync2. My DAB was working fine until tonight, I was listening to BFBS radio and turned on the rear windscreen heater and the sound went off, turned the screen off and the sound came on again. Is the DAB aerial on the rear screen?

Then, on the way home the DAB wouldn't pick up any stations, FM would. I turned the engine off and on again (old faithfill) and it worked again. Is this the start of problems?

Hi thats different to the issue I had, once my DAB went it went and never came back again until fixed at the garage..

The problem on my 2013 model is similar Jon ro 20 09 when I switch rear windscreen heater on I get a lot of distortion on the dab radio stations making it Unlistenable , it works fine again when I switch it off also rear view camera won't work in wet/damp codicils this is after the car has been back to ford dealer several times .I'm just p---ed off with now probably buy another make of car next time.

My 64 plate had the same fault as Swilt but has been fine since the latest software was installed. It's never been affected by the rear screen heater (maybe a function of the strength of digital signal). I agree that these faults are really frustrating. My previous 09 version of the same model didn't suffer any of these problems

Well mine has gone off again, after about 4 months. No reason.

Stopped the car, turned it off and got out, was only out for 5 mins, came back in and Dab wont work. Same as before, shows my saved channels on the screen but wont tune in to anything else, annoying thing is, it was only in the day before for a service. Now going to have to waste another day taking it back.

Coming up to a year next month so still under warranty thankfully, but as problem reported before shouldnt affect it anyway as they obviously havent fixed it yet