Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Spot The Poor Vauxhall!

nath.mk7.st

vauxhall sales  where i work testing the new astra. lol

IMG_20161221_152900497.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Don't believe you....empty lifts in a Vauxhall garage!? :ohmy: :tongue:

I was thinking the same thing:laugh:

• Like 1

Not normally like that. I'm obviously frightening the customers away.

• Like 1

This scrap bucket has been abandoned in the local Tesco car park three weeks ago and still there, has dropped a pile of dirt out of all four wheel arches 😦 looks like it dropped down from the sky because the pile of dirt has fallen around each arch 😁

20161229_103953_zpsc07j4huj_edit_1483011

20161229_104000_zpsjbb1slub.jpg

20161229_104007_zpsljp6bcaf.jpg

The hub cap remaining is probably not a Vauxhall one. That's why it's still on.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I like the single hub cap... :laugh: 

It's an alloy wheel 😅

5 hours ago, iantt said:

The hub cap remaining is probably not a Vauxhall one. That's why it's still on.

still some thread on the tyres aswell very strange but it is a Vauxhall so that sort of justified leaving thread and running.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Oh...so it has 3 spares on!? :lol: 

The other alloy must be absolutely welded to the hub 😁

• Like 3

hope the alloy has a locking wheel bolt still, you can never be too carefull nowadays. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

hope the alloy has a locking wheel bolt still, you can never be too carefull nowadays. lol

The whole vehicle has a bit of a Gangsta lean towards the back left aswell doesn't it 😁

almost as if it's housed a bit of action in the back wrecking the suspension 

although I'm convinced Aliens abducted someone then dropped the Vauxhall from five thousand feet its the only way to unlock that much dirt from the arches 😂

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

The whole vehicle has a bit of a Gangsta lean towards the back left aswell doesn't it 😁

almost as if it's housed a bit of action in the back wrecking the suspension 

although I'm convinced Aliens abducted someone then dropped the Vauxhall from five thousand feet its the only way to unlock that much diet from the arches 😂

Sure looks like it, but hey, at least they dropped it within the lines!! :laugh:

• Like 2

Just now, jmurray01 said:

Sure looks like it, but hey, at least they dropped it within the lines!! :laugh:

Bang Tidy 😁

• Like 1

On Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 6:51 PM, iantt said:

It's still there 5 weeks now atleast 😁

20170104_155948_zpsvdgq0gtc.jpg

Is it taxed and MOTd?  Or can you not check in Ireland?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

Is it taxed and MOTd?  Or can you not check in Ireland?

All that will or should be displayed in the windscreen so I'll check when im down at Tesco tomorrow😅

over here we have to display a disc for insurance another for MOT aswell as the tax disc, it all makes driving the likes of a Mazda Mx5 like looking through your letterbox with the amount of space they consume on the windscreen but legal requirement. 

Here's an example where insurance slip would be in the empty space.

d43864c90df075c94489ddbe4ca5ffe9932ef5be

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lenny said:

All that will or should be displayed in the windscreen so I'll check when im down at Tesco tomorrow😅

over here we have to display a disc for insurance another for MOT aswell as the tax disc, it all makes driving the likes of a Mazda Mx5 like looking through your letterbox with the amount of space they consume on the windscreen but legal requirement. 

Quite a difference from the UK, where even the tax disc is now gone!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Quite a difference from the UK, where even the tax disc is now gone!!

I always wished it was like that over here much cleaner and increased road visibility 👍

I have a drive by picture herefrom the same time last picture was taken and when I zoom in I can see it has an MOT certificate yellow slip, and what seems to be a white insurance slip but no tax disc 

20170104_155946_zpsmojmcgmn.jpg

1 minute ago, Lenny said:

I always wished it was like that over here much cleaner and increased road visibility 👍

I have a drive by picture herefrom the same time last picture was taken and when I zoom in I can see it has an MOT certificate yellow slip, and what seems to be a white insurance slip but no tax disc 

"image coming now" 

Two out of three ain't bad!!  It is a Vauxhall after all.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Two out of three ain't bad!!  It is a Vauxhall after all.

Would be interesting to see if the MOT is still valid but the law doesn't crush cars like I believe you guys do if found with no NCT or tax over here it gets impounded in station with 80euro per day fine for release.

then crushed after a month but you still pay the impound fine aswell as the cost of disposal, more money making racket over here 

I'm impressed that it's sat there for 5 weeks without spontaneously combusting!!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Turvey said:

I'm impressed that it's sat there for 5 weeks without spontaneously combusting!!!

lol  :laugh:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lenny said:

Here's an example where insurance slip would be in the empty space.

d43864c90df075c94489ddbe4ca5ffe9932ef5be

That's very similar to what they had in Italy when i lived there, except the position which had to be at the top left of the windscreen.

But in Italy, at the time, it wasn't the only thing on you might have on your windscreen. 

If for expediency, you bought an annual pass for the toll motorways, that had to be placed halfway up, again on the left, of the windscreen. So, the the toll booth operator could read it through his booth window.  And if you routinely went into Switzerland, as i did, you'd have the Swiss motorway permit, above the Italian one but below the tax/insurance/MOT one. It had to be further enough down; so as not to confuse the Italian toll collector nor any Swiss traffic police:unsure:

Then there was the residents parking permit, which depending on the region was either at the bottom left of the windscreen, and some regions one had to be displayed on both the front and the rear screen. Commercial vehicles would often have two parking permits, one for the residential/domestic use by the driver, and another for the company he worked for.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club