Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kpg's Focus Mk2 Titanium

kpg

Yea not having a great deal of fun with suspension/steering. My mechanic says another set of Apex won't be available for another month from his supplier but he said he's ordered me a set of H&R springs and he'll pay the difference for me which is great!

So instead of in Thursday to get old springs back on for the test, I'm in on Friday for new lowering springs and test then next week.

Silver lining and all that jazz......

Just hope it sorts my steering issues.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

Sounds great looking forward to some pictures on friday mate.

Sounds great looking forward to some pictures on friday mate.

Cheers Lenny. I'm looking forward to it myself. Definitely pics up when alls back to normal again.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 1

you wont regret having h@r springs on your car had the full set up on passat and boy did it handle well for such big heavy car

• Like 1

you wont regret having h@r springs on your car had the full set up on passat and boy did it handle well for such big heavy car

Do you reckon it'll look lower on H&R springs than the Apex? I know they're both marked as -40mm but some could be softer maybe?

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 2

Do the H&R springs not lower the car 50mm? My car is dropped around 50mm. Any lower and I'd start getting camber/clearance problems. I think it's an ideal drop.

Do the H&R springs not lower the car 50mm? My car is dropped around 50mm. Any lower and I'd start getting camber/clearance problems. I think it's an ideal drop.

I know you can get both a -40 and -50 kit on DemonTweaks. I'm pretty sure it's the -40 I'm getting.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 1

Actually could you post a pic here of yours on -50? Just to see what it's like. Have you got 18s or 17s?

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 1

This picture was taken after I had the tracking and alignment carried out. The rear of the car had been raised to reduce the negative camber (this is as high as the AP coliovers go at the back as they are designed to work at a lower ride height). The mechanic measured the drop and was of the opinion that the car was 50mm lower. I'm running 17 inch alloys in this picture.

IMG_12851_zps2d6ae36e.jpg

I have ran lowering springs with standard shocks in the past, but was never happy about how the car handled. My first car which was a Corsa had 60mm lowering springs fitted and when the car was raised on a ramp, the back springs fell out!

I quite like the AP coilover kit as it does the job and the car feels nice to drive.

Standard ride height vs my car:

IMG_12881_zpsb3b2fd75.jpg

IMG_12521_zps7e19c5be.jpg

Let me know how you get on (I had considered the -50mm H&R springs before opting for the AP kit, so would be interested in your thoughts).

• Like 3

This picture was taken after I had the tracking and alignment carried out. The rear of the car had been raised to reduce the negative camber (this is as high as the AP coliovers go at the back as they are designed to work at a lower ride height). The mechanic measured the drop and was of the opinion that the car was 50mm lower. I'm running 17 inch alloys in this picture.

IMG_12851_zps2d6ae36e.jpg

I have ran lowering springs with standard shocks in the past, but was never happy about how the car handled. My first car which was a Corsa had 60mm lowering springs fitted and when the car was raised on a ramp, the back springs fell out!

I quite like the AP coilover kit as it does the job and the car feels nice to drive.

Standard ride height vs my car:

IMG_12881_zpsb3b2fd75.jpg

IMG_12521_zps7e19c5be.jpg

Let me know how you get on (I had considered the -50mm H&R springs before opting for the AP kit, so would be interested in your thoughts).

Wow, car looks great on those coilovers ! How much did that set you back for those?

I'm interested to see if it is indeed the -50 he ordered me. I may change to AP coilovers sometime in the future looking at yours there lol

If you ever decide to sell the car or put back to standard, I'll have them coilovers off ye lol

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 1

had h@r cupkit fitted to passat 50f/40r, that ap kit fitted to yours looks sweet jockstar just the right stance what's the ride comfort like driving on various roads

paul

• Like 1

For coilovers they are comfortable. Obviously if the roads are terrible, they aren't going to glide over the bumps like a standard setup would. I've used KW V1 in the past on my Bora and I think these are just as good. I believe that AP, Weitec and KW are made in the same factory. Certainly, the AP and KW packaging was identical apart from the box artwork.

I ordered them from DPM performance that normally deals with stuff for German cars, but Damian was happy enough to order in the Ford kit. I'm sure it came in at £400-£500.

• Like 2

After the MOT fiasco I'm still waiting for my springs to arrive and be installed. But I've started putting the stuff back to the way it was now, headlights and fog lights first:

post-41109-142307444316_thumb.jpg

post-41109-14230744585_thumb.jpg

Somehow I managed to lose one of the little LED Bulbs for the sidelights so one of the rings only has 3 instead of 4 bulbs. I'll have to order another packet just incase.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 2

Anyone know where I can get a good set of eyebrows/eyelids for my car? Saw someone else with same headlights as mine gas them on and looked pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 1

Got the H&R springs fitted today. Same drop as the Apex ones I had, -40mm. Ride seems less harsh but could just be until they bed in properly.

My mechanic though the spring would just be broke at the pigtail but turns out it was one of the larger coils that has completely snapped off!

post-41109-142333413646_thumb.jpg

He said no matter how hard I could have hit a pothole, it wouldn't have broken the spring like that. Must have been a defective part I assume. Ah well, I don't care now. I have a newer set now for the price of labour only. Happy boy.

Now for the retest....

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 2

Through the MOT retest today. Alls good, didn't even have to get out of the car :)

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 3

Through the MOT retest today. Alls good, didn't even have to get out of the car :)

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

Mine is end of march. Will be done with annual service schedule at dealer. ( part of 3 yr service plan) btw my mate is the mot tester at ford dealer near me.

Yunii

Mine is end of march. Will be done with annual service schedule at dealer. ( part of 3 yr service plan) btw my mate is the mot tester at ford dealer near me.

Yunii

Jesus that is handy. Wish I knew someone in the MOT centre, they're all crabbit orang-utans out my way.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 1

Jesus that is handy. Wish I knew someone in the MOT centre, they're all crabbit orang-utans out my way.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

So if i dont want to pay dealer price but still want dealer quality maintenance work he is the man. Saying this i walk in & out of my local ford dealer like my back garden.

Yunii

I've been running 8000k HIDs since I got my new headlights. I'm starting to notice that the light output isn't great. It's the 35w kit and even the 6000k was a bit brighter. I'm thinking maybe going for the 6000k in the 55w kit to see if that makes much of a difference.

Also to add to my 'doubting mods' list, I can't stand the different colour of LED on my reverse camera unit. It's yellowy and not as bright.

Thinking of putting the LED unit back in and getting this sort of camera instead:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=221588464590

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 1

Things to do this weekend:

Put my new badges on

Paint Calipers green

Wash car

Clean interior

Headlight brows*

* I got some Black 3M vinyl from work the other day, going to try and make some eyebrows out of it.

Speaking of work we, potentially, have an AC Cobra coming in for a full wrap in metallic navy :D can't wait !

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club