Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Sat Nav Dvd Update

Mick7943

Hi,

I'm new to the forum so not sure if this topic has come up before.

I've recently bought a 2008 Titanium X Mondeo with built in sat nav. I'm trying to update the DVD as it is still from 2008. The system uses a Blaupunkt DVD.

I've been quoted two different prices from two different Evans Halshaw dealerships. One wanted £105 and the other wanted over £350. Ford have said its up to the individual dealers how much they want to charge!

Can anyone give me any advice as to where the best place is to get an updated DVD and an idea how much it should cost.

Many thanks

Mick

you can find some not so legitimate versions of the disk from the world wide web, and they do appear to work, however, Ford dealers are franchises and this is why they can charge whatever they wish.

Alternatively, you could just replace the head unit with an aftermarket one, where you can get unlimited lifetime updates, or the likes of an android unit, where you can download completely free sat navs with free updates etc.

Hi,

The ford prices are ridiculous . I did a lot of research on this. I have a 2010 Titanium X with the same blaupunct system I believe.

I have attached a link from the proper supplier who are based in the Netherlands, very good service.

The link is for the 2013 edition, this is the last one with live traffic. It has been stopped on the 2014.

The only thing you need to check is if you can update from 2008 to 2013.

If you have to go to 2010 first there should be some on eBay. When you see what the company price charge you will be amazed at ford prices. Hope this helps. If you are not sure how to get the dvd out there is a video on YouTube

http://www.navmapstore.com/product/1347/TeleAtlas_Maps_by_TomTom_DVD_Ford_NX_Europe_2013

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club