Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Tdci Upgrades

samgreeny

The reason for the engine management light was because of the dpf removal.

I have also been looking at new turbos. The GT 1749V people are saying is a straight swap. My only question is, will the internals be able to handle the power of the turbo?

That's strange I was sure as was Lenny that there's no sensors for the dpf oh well

It doesn't cause limp mode just causes the engine management light to come on. It'd been fine for this last week not going in limp mode

I would expect the DPF to have a load sensor at least or the ECU wouldn't know when to regenerate

I would expect the DPF to have a load sensor at least or the ECU wouldn't know when to regenerate

It's a weird one tbh as there is only a lambda sensor at the cat otherwise it only has a pipe to inject fuel thus helping to heat the dpf and a glow plug to make sure it ignites. The engine just decides when it's gonna do this without any sensor telling it to. The coated dpf is supposedly meant to work this way but at some point it will clog up full still just meant to not happen before 150,000m

It doesn't cause limp mode just causes the engine management light to come on. It'd been fine for this last week not going in limp mode

Still chucking out black smoke? Or has that calmed down now mate?
  • Like 2

Is it a Catalyzed DPF or a Ceramic DPF ?

• Like 1

Still chucking out black smoke? Or has that calmed down now mate?

Yeah it has stopped now thankfully

• Like 2

Is it a Catalyzed DPF or a Ceramic DPF ?

Ceramic mate
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ceramic mate

How's the car going mate? Have you had the ecu remapped for the dpf yet? If not have you anymore problems since?
  • Like 2

How's the car going mate? Have you had the ecu remapped for the dpf yet? If not have you anymore problems since?

Yeah its going well mate. I had put a k&n filter on it before removing the dpf so changed that back and seemed to sort it out with the smoke and that. I haven't had it mapped yet, not really had the time, works been hectic! Nope not had any problems really tbh. hoping to get it mapped this Saturday just waiting on the person to reply to me

• Like 2

Cool so it's running fine now then. That's good to hear so it is quite possible that the dpf doesn't need to be deleted from the ecu then on the cdpf cars as you'd have surely had all sorts of issues by now. Happy days

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Cool so it's running fine now then. That's good to hear so it is quite possible that the dpf doesn't need to be deleted from the ecu then on the cdpf cars as you'd have surely had all sorts of issues by now. Happy days

I'm not fully sure. the service oil came on but reading people say thats because the dpf isn't lubricated but obviously it ownt be because it doesn't have one. had it mapped now. running really nice now. dont regret getting it done

• Like 1

I'm not fully sure. the service oil came on but reading people say thats because the dpf isn't lubricated but obviously it ownt be because it doesn't have one. had it mapped now. running really nice now. dont regret getting it done

since it's now 100%

You may consider investing in a K&N57s induction kit if you haven't already,

Gives it and extra boost

• Like 2

since it's now 100%

You may consider investing in a K&N57s induction kit if you haven't already,

Gives it and extra boost

I have got one! need to put it back on, took it off when i had to dpf taken out because it was over fuelling and black smoke was coming out!

What app do you use with the diagnostic android device thing? Just wanting to check there is no faults on it anymore. Maybe i was expecting too much but i dont feel it had the lower end power like i think it should!

I have got one! need to put it back on, took it off when i had to dpf taken out because it was over fuelling and black smoke was coming out!

What app do you use with the diagnostic android device thing? Just wanting to check there is no faults on it anymore. Maybe i was expecting too much but i dont feel it had the lower end power like i think it should!

I use an app that was recently renamed "OBD Fusion" and I can't fault it

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club