Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jlheath

TDCi Auto Buters tips please!

2 posts in this topic

Hello folks,

First post and new member. I am seriously interested in buying a 2.0 TDCi (130) Auto on an 04 ish plate. I wanted to gain your insights as what to look out for when buying said car and what are the inherent design pitfalls I might encounter? DMF or gearbox issues?

Please let me know what you think of the auto box too.

Cheers.

James

Hello folks,

First post and new member. I am seriously interested in buying a 2.0 TDCi (130) Auto on an 04 ish plate. I wanted to gain your insights as what to look out for when buying said car and what are the inherent design pitfalls I might encounter? DMF or gearbox issues?

Please let me know what you think of the auto box too.

Cheers.

James

Hi there.

Snap! First post and new member here too!

I've just joined today to get some info on the very same car. I bought the 2.0 TDCi (130) Auto Estate on an 05 plate two days ago.

I find it pretty good but went round to see someone who runs a garage just now. To my dismay he informed me about a situation which he says is not uncommon to TDCis. Apparantely, and I'm not technical, this model has a dual mass flywheel. This produces an excessive amount of dust which fouls the starter motor. The starter motor then needs replacing (£500 ish) and the flywheel needs changing (£1800 ish!!!)

The reason I joined is to see what others have to say about this and hope that it is an isolated incident. This chap thinks it isn't and occurs to Transits also.

But I hope that it is all not doom and gloom James, and I hope to have a happy time with my new wheels! The version I have has 225 tyres and the ride is a bit firm.