Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Seatbelt Chime

MickyGrainger

Can anyone tell me why my seatbelt chime and light comes on when accelerating or cornering left it's very annoying Thanks! It's a 2009 focus zetec 1.8 petrol 3 door

Check the wiring connector under the seat.

Could be that as you move in the seat it pulls a bit.

Or paseenger seat ocupancy playing up, try plugging in passenger seatbelt in and try again

It's not the passenger seat I've checked that it also happens when I lift my !Removed! off seat with seat belt plugged in. I'm wondering if it's the pressure sensor but don't understand why it does it when belt is plugged in surely it shouldn't make a difference wether I'm sat there or not when it's plugged in. Thanks

That was suppose to say lift my bum off seat but obviously a s s was not allowed ha

You have answered your own question there then, seat belt switch .

Ok thanks I'll look at getting it changed

Part of the seat belt catch, but as clive said check the wiring under seat to the catch incase wiring chaffing.

white and brown wires i think for drivers buckle switch, be aware this circuit goes directly to restrants control module

Ok thanks iantt I'll check them at some point today and if all is good I'll get new switch

Cheers everyone I've fixed it! It turned out to be a poor connection from the plug to the pressure sensor wire!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club