Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power wing mirrors unreliable

mikeos

For no apparent reason my electric folding wing mirrors have become sluggish and unreliable. I always manually fold the mirrors before garaging the car as the garage is a tad narrow. Just today I backed out of my garage with mirrors folded and pressed the interior button to unfold them and nothing happened. I find that I now have to press and hold the button for around 10 to 15 seconds before the mirrors will unfold, or fold.  What could be the reason? I'm worried that they might fail in the folded position and make it dangerous to drive. Is it possible to physically unfold the mirrors?

I should add that this is a one year old Motability vehicle and I will if necessary get them to correct it bit I just thought that there might be a simple explanation.

Thanks

Mike

On a car that young I'd take it back to the dealer. Not acceptable for something like that to fail so soon. My 7 year old 2009 fiesta folding mirrors work perfectly so no excuse for yours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club