Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New catback which one !

Patrico777

Hi everyone 

I have not been here for while was busy moving house, merry christmas everyone!

I want to finally buy catback for my st150 got bored of the stock exhaust want something nice but not sure which to get got like £400 to spend I really like crackles and pops, I saw quite few videos that of Miltek catback that does crackle when you lift foot off the gas when in gear, but I think miltek sound like motorbike or something cannot say as ot video ! That why I ask you guys 

thanks in advance

I know my engine is very different but the principal is the same. It really depends on personal preference as I looked at many exhausts systems before I chose one I chose in the end a full  3" Cobra non resonated system with a 200 cell Cobra cat as I liked the sound of that and the fact that you can with the Cobra system change at any time the tips as they are not welded on so any 3" system tips could fit and Cobra themselves do a selection .Some  other  makes  off system tips are welded on as standard and cant easily be changed. I liked the non resonated sound more but the resonated one is not so noisy .My system bangs and crackels like a good 'un. Would be better with cat less  ( more crakels and pops) but can't be botherd for the few  extra BHP and sound difference that  it makes let a lone keep on putting the cat back for MOT each year .I can guarantee that others will say that this system is the best or that one is better, thing is if it's right for you than that's the one. What ever the one you choose it will make a difference to performance and the sound .the only advice I would give is deffo have a back box/s as PC Plod will follow you everywhere for being to noisy (can an exhaust ever be to noisy NOOOOOOO lol lol) i.e venom systems are just a straight through pipe

49 minutes ago, Gizza11 said:

I know my engine is very different but the principal is the same. It really depends on personal preference as I looked at many exhausts systems before I chose one I chose in the end a full  3" Cobra non resonated system with a 200 cell Cobra cat as I liked the sound of that and the fact that you can with the Cobra system change at any time the tips as they are not welded on so any 3" system tips could fit and Cobra themselves do a selection .Some  other  makes  off system tips are welded on as standard and cant easily be changed. I liked the non resonated sound more but the resonated one is not so noisy .My system bangs and crackels like a good 'un. Would be better with cat less  ( more crakels and pops) but can't be botherd for the few  extra BHP and sound difference that  it makes let a lone keep on putting the cat back for MOT each year .I can guarantee that others will say that this system is the best or that one is better, thing is if it's right for you than that's the one. What ever the one you choose it will make a difference to performance and the sound .the only advice I would give is deffo have a back box/s as PC Plod will follow you everywhere for being to noisy (can an exhaust ever be to noisy NOOOOOOO lol lol) i.e venom systems are just a straight through pipe

Many people recommend mountune as well I like cobra as well they sound nice have u got some video ??? Of your

1 hour ago, Patrico777 said:

eMany people recommend mountune as well I like cobra as well they sound nice have u got some video ??? Of your

Yes it's a difficult one  there are so many to choose from  TBH as long as you get one with a life time guarantee you woun't go far wrong.Unfortunately no  I don't at the moment have a video of my exhaust sound but there are plenty on line from others. Not sure if a video of my system would be of use to you as mine is a 2.5 5 pot modified to 350 BHP Volvo engine woun't sound the same as yours coz of the 5 pot.The other thing just a thought  there are some providers who will build you a customised one to your own spec' like Powerflow or something like that that. Get  all the bits you want bore size and sound to your choice hand built too.I would suggest thought to get the best of what ever system you fit is to also do the cold air inlet mod as well even if its just a K&N filter change it will help a bit with performance  (as both  mods) complement each other and again depending on what system you choose a nice intake noise with  just a bit extra BHP.

1 hour ago, Gizza11 said:

Yes it's a difficult one  there are so many to choose from  TBH as long as you get one with a life time guarantee you woun't go far wrong.Unfortunately no  I don't at the moment have a video of my exhaust sound but there are plenty on line from others. Not sure if a video of my system would be of use to you as mine is a 2.5 5 pot modified to 350 BHP Volvo engine woun't sound the same as yours coz of the 5 pot.The other thing just a thought  there are some providers who will build you a customised one to your own spec' like Powerflow or something like that that. Get  all the bits you want bore size and sound to your choice hand built too.I would suggest thought to get the best of what ever system you fit is to also do the cold air inlet mod as well even if its just a K&N filter change it will help a bit with performance  (as both  mods) complement each other and again depending on what system you choose a nice intake noise with  just a bit extra BHP.

Powerflow that is good to no what price range they go for custom catback? I will research now

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club