Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen demister issue

Barley

Hi,

How long should it take to clear mist/fog from the windscreen using the heated windscreen? Not the air/fan 

Thanks 

If it's just a thin layer of condensation inside it should only take 2 or 3 seconds to clear.

on my 08 Mondeo I found it depended on the conditions, in mid winter with ice on screen, you would see the effects within seconds, and the ice was gone with the wipers in probably under a minute.

I was recently car shopping and it's easy to forget in July how impressive and useful the heated widescreen is in the winter. Went for another Mondeo, so it will be useful in the winter! 

Thanks for the replies, I've been having issues with electric heater. It is not getting rid of any condensation/mist and thats after 15mins of the electric heater on. Had the car in with the dealership I purchased from, they've replace the windscreen but to no success. Now they are saying its not meant to get rid of condensation/mist. At this point I referred them to the cars manual which contradicts their claims.

Thanks again

It certainly does clear mist/condensation, not that ive got any of thatbat this time of year.

Has your car sustained any water damage in the past? Obviously it's hard to know if it's 2nd hand, but if you've had it since new, has it ever been flooded, left the windows or sunroof open in the rain? Maybe there is a lot of moisture in the car?

The quick clear windscreen really is magical when it's working, if you are not feeling the magic, then chances are it's not working at all.

We purchased  our S-Max brand new in May 2017, although the car drives good we have encountered other issues listed below.

• Rattle coming from back of car
  • Leak at front passengers side
  • Part of the heated windscreen not working (drivers view area)

They kind of sorted the rattle as it still comes and goes, they denied any issue with windscreen or leak. Had to tell them to wash the car before they admitted windscreen not working properly and leak.

Fast forward 5 times they have brought the car in to fix issues along with a final chance before I take it further (service manager now dealing with it), as now they are causing further issues.

• Drivers door sticks (they caused)
  • Interiors panels with black hand marks (they caused)
  • Interior panels not fitting correctly (they caused)
  • Filled in leak on the outside of car with white silicone which turned brown on a white car (they caused)
  • Had to get the above area resprayed as I refused to accept the white silicone and they damaged the paint work when removing it
  • Chipped the paint work after they resprayed it (They caused)
  • Says windscreen works like they have said every other time and now says that it can't get rid of condensation/mist so I referred him to page 122 of the cars manual which contradicts his statement (this was the service manager) 

Not a good experience with the aftercare I've received. I do understand that new cars can have issues but how they have dealt with it and causing more problems its now a joke. Will have to go further with this. I wouldn't upload the photographs out of embarrassment.

Thats awful. If you're anything like me you would have spent ages watching reviews and getting really excited about getting a new car. I bet you couldn't wait to get your hands on your new pride and joy. It's bad enough that it had issues in the first place, but then yo get such ***** after care must leave a really bad taste in your mouth.

As far as I'm aware, if part of the windscreen isn't clearing, it's likely to be a break in one or more of those tiny wires, and the only way to fix is an entirely new windscreen. 

Hi CLCC the funny thing is that they have changed the windscreen and now it doesn't work at all. It has left a bad taste and every time the car goes in to get fixed it comes back with other problems that the service department have caused. I think 5 opportunities to sort the car with the original problems and the ones they caused is enough. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club