Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Urgent - broken down and at roadside - help

Pebbleheed

It was meant to be all done. Ford approved. 

Hopefully an easy fix. And a free one. I paid for the extra warranty. 

Don't let them try and make it seem like your to blame they will.  

• Like 1

Unless they can see a bluefin was on it before I remove it I’m not sure how they could?

Hopefully they can’t tell....?

The post also said that any ECU reflash could cause these errors, so not necessarily the bluefin - although that’s the only thing that’s taken place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just now, Jonro2009 said:

The post also said that any ECU reflash could cause these errors, so not necessarily the bluefin - although that’s the only thing that’s taken place.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. Don’t think it’s been flashed by anyone else. Certainly not since I’ve owned it. 

Unless they can see a bluefin was on it before I remove it I’m not sure how they could?
Hopefully they can’t tell....?

Bluefin cannot be detected once it’s been removed, there is the potential they can see that the ECU has been flashed but they can’t prove when or who by - it could have been flashed for a software update etc so I wouldn’t worry about that

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Then why did this not happen at the start

1 minute ago, martyntdci said:

Then why did this not happen at the start

I don’t know. 

Keep us posted on the outcome when the recovery get there.

Does anything at all happen when you press the start button, any sign of life at all? DRLs working, central locking worked? Couldnt be a simple flat battery and the codes are just coincidental and have been there for the entire time, that will be my guess

I would put money on that being the case - codes have been there since you put the bluefin on and it’s something else causing the issue tonight

Keep us posted on the outcome when the recovery get there.

Does anything at all happen when you press the start button, any sign of life at all? DRLs working, central locking worked? Couldnt be a simple flat battery and the codes are just coincidental and have been there for the entire time, that will be my guess

Literally everything works. Except the engine. 

The dash lights up. Sync works. Central locking works. 

Sadly I don’t think it’s the battery

The test menu shows it with a reading of 11.6. I presume that’s a normal charge?

When I press the start button I hear something whirring for a second from high to low then it stops. 

1 minute ago, Jonro2009 said:

I would put money on that being the case - codes have been there since you put the bluefin on and it’s something else causing the issue tonight

Possibly yes. 

Wondering if some part of the starting mechanism has died. 

11.6 is a little on the low side but not low enough to cause any problem at all. 

Any chance you can get the other key to the car? 

Have you tried bump starting it in case the starter motors had it? 

• Like 1

If everything else is working and you're hearing a whirring sound that would be my guess.

11.6 is a little on the low side but not low enough to cause any problem at all. 

Not at the moment, no. It’s a bit far away. 

I did try the key in NFC mode - or whatever it’s called - but it made no difference. 

1 minute ago, WES180 said:

Have you tried bump starting it in case the starter motors had it? 

I can’t sadly. The angle I’m parked at and the terrain around me makes it near impossible to bump it. 

I was wondering about the starter motor. 

Hooefully a warranty job if that’s what it is. 

I think@WES180 has got the most plausible answer, codes are a red herring

Try putting it in gear and with your foot out of the door rock the car forward and back to rotate the starter then try starting as normal. I did that when my mum's Fiesta wouldn't start, it had a flat spot in the starter and fired straight up once it rotated slightly.

A full bump would be better though!

Try putting it in gear and with your foot out of the door rock the car forward and back to rotate the starter then try starting as normal. I did that when my mum's Fiesta wouldn't start, it had a flat spot in the starter and fired straight up once it rotated slightly.

I’ve never thought of trying that when I suspect a starter motor problem [emoji106]

All gone quiet, I guess the recovery truck has turned up.🙂

18 minutes ago, WES180 said:

My wife's MK2.5 Focus 1.8 Duratec had the same issue a few weeks ago and I got it going again doing exactly the same thing!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

11.6 volts on a car battery is considered to be severely discharged, the mother in law's Honda Civic wouldn't start last year when the battery was showing 11.7, she just got a lovely ticking noise and a dashboard that flickered like she was at a rave! :oops:

Hopefully it's something simple/cheap like a knackered battery.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1979Damian said:

Hopefully it's something simple/cheap like a knackered battery.

I nearly passed out when I looked how much a battery is for my Focus, not much change from £300!

4 minutes ago, WES180 said:

I nearly passed out when I looked how much a battery is for my Focus, not much change from £300!

I take it yours has to be one of those super duper "stop start" (EFB) batteries that lasts about 3 years? :wallbash:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club