Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2005 Mk2 Focus relay query.... Please.

immobilised@75

I've been chasing reasons for my Focus being 'immobilised' and came across this arrangement from the under bonnet fusebox. A single red wire into a connector and running down to a Yellow relay which is literally dangling down into the engine bay (about 12 inches beneath the nearside headlamp). Other wires ar coming from the relay but i haven't yet identified where they go.

Any idea what the relay arrangement is doing?

Please.

P1170339.JPG

P1170341.JPG

P1170342.JPG

P1170351.JPG

P1170353.JPG

This relay and the addritional wiring were part of a recall to solve a problem with the cooling fan. The relay and the additional wiring makes it possible for the cooling fan to run after the engine is switched off.

This recall was only applicable to a very limited number of cars.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks very much for that Wilco that's cleared things up beautifully...

And so sorry for not getting back to you sooner...... 

Re the 'immobilised' propblem, I found a local guy who, after interrogating the system has concluded that the instument cluster (I/C) is the most likely cause of my 'dead car.

The I/C is now in for repair.... fingers crossed that this will fix it........ Otherwise its the great scrapyard in the sky for it.....

Again, many thanks,

Dave

Wahoo!

Excuse my exuberance but the Instrument Cluster, having been fixed (£200.00) and refitted is now allowing the car to work.

Engine has started and all seems (?) ok...

Thanks for your help

• Like 2

Hey, where do you send the ic off to be fixes? 

• 3 weeks later...

Also had the key fob repaired by George 'The Master locksmith'.  https://www.themasterlocksmith.com/product/repair-service-aero/

For £20.00 it was a no brainer. (He also fixed my SAAB key fob for £30.00).

All done via Royal Mail.

Well pleased.

To sum it up: the stupid Focus is now working and the fob is repaired- meaning the boot is now accessible - which SWMBO finds "quite useful" for some reason.

So, thank you for all your very helpful suggestions, they were greatly appreciated.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club