Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Map Update (F7 and F8)

Jim610

6 hours ago, simonb65 said:

Fords intelligent speed limiter prioritises uses the sign recognition camera even if GPS data is available. It defaults to using what it sees, rather than the database. 

I don't have intelligent speed limiter on the Fiesta but do use the speed alert. I wondered until recently why it started flashing, say, 30 when I knew for sure I was in an a 40. Eventually I realised if there was a road going off at an oblique angle with a different limit, it would read the sign for that road and display the lower limit.

6 hours ago, Comares2001 said:

Second instance is on the A1M in NYorks. After joining at one junction the vehicle suddenly slows to 50mph . 

This also happens to me with the speed alert, probably for the same reason.

One other issue I find is that after leaving eg a 30 zone, the warning starts flashing even though I know I am in a higher limit. Investigation has shown that, again, the camera overrides GPS data but in this situation has failed to pick up the NSL sign at the end of the 30, because the sign is too dirty or too obscured for the camera to read.

Like you guys, I fear mayhem come 2021 unless there is a massive investment (by whom?) in ensuring GPS data is up to date and road signs are correctly located, clean and not buried in vegetation.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Travelled down the M6 today to where it meets the M1 at 

I was travelling onto the M1 south from the M6

This junction has been extensively redesigned over the last few years, and now the 2 left lanes are for M1 South, and the 2 right lanes are for the A14 Felixstow / cambridge.

When i got towards the junction the sat nav was showing stay in left 2 lanes (whcih is correct), however the graphic road signs were the wrong way round, and how the junction used to be a few years ago, i.e 2 left lanes for A14 and 2 right lanes for M1 south

Anyone else been down this way and seen this since the V8 upgrade?

Oh and why would it still be this way?

Below is the sign today and how it should display on sat nav screen

https://www.google.com/maps/@52.4051971,-1.1895163,3a,75y,87.05h,83.68t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1stQfeLm2Wh43ZzlOtQ3NIwg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

54 minutes ago, DAVEWILL5 said:

Oh and why would it still be this way?

The mapping companies only usually get updates from councils or their own periodic surveys. There is a link ...

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/ford-sync-3-navigation-help

... where you can go and report map errors. They are then subject to confirmation by a survey team and then you'll probably see them in about 2 to 3 years time!

There are loads of map errors ... you just get used to them after a while.

• 9 months later...

Anyone got the f8 files available to download, and instructions for sync 2 still now?

Problem is that's the sync updates, not the f8 map files. Sync is up to date, they haven't updated sync 2 for years! It's the maps I want to download to a card to have f8 maps

38 minutes ago, Steveie d said:

Problem is that's the sync updates, not the f8 map files. Sync is up to date, they haven't updated sync 2 for years! It's the maps I want to download to a card to have f8 maps

You can’t download the maps for sync 2. You have to buy a new sd card. 

Yes I know but I've made 1 before from supplied files and creating your own card, I thought this post was talking about that.

Just now, Steveie d said:

Yes I know but I've made 1 before from supplied files and creating your own card, I thought this post was talking about that.

This thread is about the sync 3 maps. 

• 1 month later...

Just managed to download and install map version 9 from official Ford download page. if anyone wants latest map version.   Its a big file so needs time to download , unzip and install.

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/

I was going to do it last week. After an hour it said 4 hours to go, so I quit and went to bed. I’ll have another go when I’ve got time. I don’t think there are many new roads near me so I’ll probably not notice anyway. 

• 2 weeks later...

Did my V9 update today.

Started the download to my Laptop at 5pm last night and this finished at about 7.30

Then copied the files to a 64gb USB stick and this took another 2 hours

Went out for a long drive this morning and it took approx 45 mins for the update to be acknowledged in the car.

Strangely though this time, after the message came up on the car screen saying "update successful", the screen went blank then the ford logo appeared and that was it...

Previous update said that after "phase 1" of the update had happened, you had to turn the engine off, get out and lock the car, wait 2 mins then get back in and phase 2 of the update would begin 

Not this time though, checked car software details on screen, and hey ho it showed maps V9

All pretty easy really but you need patience and time !!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club