Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 1.4 tdci 2009 injector

tholden

Hi,

So I eventually had the issue with the injector seals going bad, and smell of exhaust in the cabin. I had the seals replaced at a local garage, and the smell of exhaust is resolved.

However, now the engine smokes. The smoke comes from behind, where the injectors are located. However, it is hard to actually pinpoint the location. 

What could this be? 

It does not smell anything particular from the smoke. I dont think it is exhaust. 

Any ideas?

Are you sure no liquid was sprayed around the area when the work was done? Has the smoke gone after driving it for a bit? I remember spraying brake cleaner near the engine and when driving after 8 miles I noticed I could see a little smoke or steam coming from the side of the bonnet. 

I am wondering if it's just the residue of what leaked out before the seals were replaced or cleaner that was used when the work was being done.  How far, how many days use, has it had since the work was done?

Hi,

I have used it eight days now. It has atleast been driven 250-300 km. 

I looked a bit more closely today. The engine is a bit wet near the (is it called rocker cover?). The cover under the big air filter, and it wasnt wet in that area before the tour at the local garage. 

Going to bring it back tomorrow and have them look at it. I know they did not change the o-ring under that cover since the old one looked good. 

Hi,

So, solved that problem. The garage had not tightnened the oil filler cap correctly so small amounts of oil managed to get out. Thus, causing a smoke. 

Feel dumb for not noticinc myself. Thanks for the replys. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club