Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 1.1 update AppLink

innovatetom

Hi all

I recently bought my 65 plate Fiesta black edition and noticed in the apps section of the display that an update is needed.

Headed to ford website with my VIN, downloaded the update files and formatted a USB (3.0) stick to FAT32.

Extracted the files, headed to car, car says update files not found.

Am I doing something wrong? The version I seem to have downloaded is 5.8, I'm reading there is 5.9 and 5.11 available somewhere? 

Might the 3.0 device not be supported?

Any help is very much appreciated, thanks

I don't have the details to hand at the moment (but will find them).

There were some issues with the filenames in the .LST files that needed to be sorted out as there was a typo with one or two names.

The other issue that some people also had was that the update wouldn't work from a USB 3.0 stick. I got mine to work via a USB 2.0 stick.

I've re-uploaded the 5.11 update here: https://files.fm/u/k2kgtccp

The LST files were fixed and all files should be extracted to the root of the USB stick (it's in a folder but the edited LST files have no folder path).

Try formatting the USB stick as exFat or Fat32 and un-zip the files onto the USB directly. If the update is recognised, you will need to leave the engine running for the full update which takes about 25 minutes.

You can do the update while driving and it will announce when the update has been completed.

• Like 2

Thank you @Zico I shall give this a try later on / tomorrow and post back how I get on 🙂

OK so it updated to 5.11 with the files you gave me, thanks!

The applications section still says 'Update needed, request update' so I guess my car doesn't have app link support after all?

The App link app's are few and far between (Spotify was one of them but think it's been blocked in the newer Spotify app versions) and I don't think I've ever used any.

The Sync may need resetting or re-pairing to your phone as I've had a glitch in the past after updating.

Will these files work on a 2014 c max with sync 1.1? I can't get the download for mine to work.

I used the VIN of a 2016 Fiesta Titanium to get the download from Ford. I can't say for sure if they will work for you or not. I believe that the 1.1 module is the same but I can't say confirm that as I've no experience of the module's used across the range.

If you download the update I would hazard a guess that it would be rejected if it's not the compatible version during the update process.

• 7 months later...

Hello

I've issue with Applink update. Current version is FR3T-14D544-AG and using my VIN i found update to FR3T-14D544-AN.

When I try to upgrade it from USB I have message "No CD" and nothing happen. Pendrive is recognized because .mp3 work from it.

Do you have any ideas?

1 hour ago, Norbi1991 said:

Hello

I've issue with Applink update. Current version is FR3T-14D544-AG and using my VIN i found update to FR3T-14D544-AN.

When I try to upgrade it from USB I have message "No CD" and nothing happen. Pendrive is recognized because .mp3 work from it.

Do you have any ideas?

There are a few things you can try.

1) Check the filenames all match in the autoinstall.lst and install.lst files. You can open the files in Notepad / Wordpad on a PC.

The lines below are from a previous Sync update, check each item matches each open line (ignore the .cab on the end).

From the install.lst

; Assembly Directive Install for Gen 1.1 16B - E1BT

[Windows Mobile for Automotive 5.8]
Item1 = 8L2T-14D546-AF
Open1 = 8L2T-14D546-AF.cab
Item2 = E1BT-14D546-EB
Open2 = E1BT-14D546-EB.cab
Item3 = E1BT-14D546-JC
Open3 = E1BT-14D546-JC.cab
Item4 = E1BT-14D546-DB
Open4 = E1BT-14D546-DB.cab
Item5 = E1BT-14D546-AA
Open5 = E1BT-14D546-AA.cab

From the autoinstall.lst

[Windows Mobile for Automotive 5.8]
Item1 = 8L2T-14D546-AF
Open1 = 8L2T-14D546-AF.CAB
Item2 = E1BT-14D546-KC
Open2 = E1BT-14D546-KC.CAB

2) Try formatting the USB stick as FAT32 and try again. If you have a USB 2.0 stick try using this as has worked for me where a USB 3.0 drive didn't work.

I have exacly the same filenames (changed vith compare function). The only difference is that files are placed in SyncMyRide folder so every entry looks like this

Item1 = 8L2T-14D546-AF
Open1 = SyncMyRide\8L2T-14D546-AF.cab

I use USB 2.0 stick.

It is strange for me that every time I try to start update is tells me "No CD"

The SyncMyRide folder is the default path but I removed this when I edited and corrected the lines and extracted all files to the route folder of the USB drive.

I don't know why it would say "No CD". Do you have a CD in the disc drive?

Only other thing I can recall is that I inserted the USB drive into the car before turning the ignition on, then it seemed to recognise that there was an update available.

• 1 month later...

@Zico I'm trying to do the same update. Any chance of re-sharing your files? Can't access them from the link you provided earlier?

• 3 months later...

@Zico worked first time with your files, spent hours with mine from the Ford site.

Thank you so much.

• Like 1

No worries @pin8all. I'm going to guess that if you downloaded the files from Ford directly that they still have the typo in the *.LST files where the name of one or more of the CAB files doesn't match up.

It was something found by another user on the forum ages ago and for some reason on pretty much all of the Sync 1.1 files released from Ford has had a typo in them.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to be a pain, but can you re-upload the files again. I just went to download them, and they are not there. This is for SYNC on a 65 plate Fiesta.

Thanks

Hi all

like the Op

I recently tried updating my 65 plate Fiesta Titanium ecoboost.

Went to Ford website with my VIN, downloaded the update, formatted numerous USB sticks to FAT32.

Extracted the files, copied them over to the differnt sticks and i keep getting files not found on every usb stick..

Anyone able to upload the working files please?

cheers

Re-uploading the file as we speak. Will edit post when done.

The likelihood is that the Ford's download has the typo's on the filenames which is partly why it doesn't work. The uploaded file has simply had the filenames corrected.

**Edit** Link is good for 2 months:

https://files.fm/u/f9w36mpq

• Thanks 1

Thankyou very much Zico.

• Like 1

Just to be clear.

Do i copy the files onto the usb either into one overall folder named E1BT-14D544-AN-PKS or as they are? SyncMyRide,autoinstall. lst and install.lst?

7 minutes ago, Sasqwatch said:

Thanks.

Let me know how you get on Sasqwatch please.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club