Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK4 1.5 Ecoblue Titanium Review

DaveT70

35 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

After all the faults with his Mondeo I'm not surprised it's gone lol!  

Why chose the Mk4 Focus though...company car maybe?

Good luck to him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CPoin said:

Really? I'm finding it will go into 6th quote comfortably very early on, certainly at 50mph, often lower. Hardly need to spend any time in 5th. Even on a country road it usually doesn't demand to drop a gear coming out of bends. Keep waiting for the engine to complain and the prompt to shift down to appear, but it doesn't, even when I think it should and shift down anyway.

Yeah I took it on the motorway on a flat section of the M18 and went through the motions of 4th 5th n 6th which got me upto just over 60mph for the prompt for 6th gear. Eased off waiting for it to suggest to drop down to 5th and got as low as 52mph but you could feel it was struggling but still no prompt. On 50mph roads it feels that it could do with a gear in between unless you ease off and stay in 5th. 

12 hours ago, iantt said:

That's still poor mpg for a focus diesel. My heavy 2.0 tdci Mondeo gets better mpg. 

Agreed.

I know people with 1/220ds getting late 50's and that's a 2.0 litre with about 50% more power and torque AND an automatic gearbox.

I know what my next car will be

I think the problem with the latest ford diesels is the euro 6.2 emmisions regs. To get the emmisions within tollerences the engine has to do dpf regens far more frequently than the euro 6 and earlier. The regen frequency will affect fuel consumption . The fact that the 1.5 tdci has dropped the service interval to 10k , and can need oil change even earlier speaks volumes at dpf frequency. 

That's just my opinion without any facts to back it up. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

After all the faults with his Mondeo I'm not surprised it's gone lol!  

Why chose the Mk4 Focus though...company car maybe?

Spot on, its a company car. my personal car is still the Mk3.5 Focus.

I traded that Mondeo in with my partners festa and got a focus. They jokingly wondered why I parked the Mondeo by the skip at the end of their forecourt, little did they know... 😄

We fled the country the next day and moved back to England 😄  

I had a choice between this and a BMW 1 series or Mini. Ive driven a Mini before and wasn't happy and I couldn't bring myself to pay more for the BWM. 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club