Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Waze glitching (and possibly Ford GPS acting up)

Abbadon

Since I updated to the latest software that was available through the ford site, Waze now constantly seems to glitch and not move smoothly when operating through android auto. It works flawlessly through my phone, if I run it like that, so I don't feel its a phone issue. I've tried two cables, and it happens with both.  

Any tips or other user experience? In the past I had a problem where it was a power saving related thing but I thought I had all the power saving and optimisation shut off for AA and Waze in my phone.

In addition, my wife tried to use the Ford Nav after that update, and she said it wasn't updating as she drove, making it useless - anyone had that experience?

tried everything i could think of yesterday relating to phone, no differences 😞 Is there any sort of extra full reset you can do to the sync in case its got itself in a bit of a tizz - or can I get hold of an earlier version of sync, as this is really starting to annoy me!

5 hours ago, Abbadon said:

tried everything i could think of yesterday relating to phone, no differences 😞 Is there any sort of extra full reset you can do to the sync in case its got itself in a bit of a tizz - or can I get hold of an earlier version of sync, as this is really starting to annoy me!

I found google maps wasn’t running properly thru auto Android . Blamed my Samsung 5! Brand new ST Line , so I don’t think it needs updated ...yet. 

I didn’t like Ford Nav when first used it but when it’s running well it’s very good. 

Still getting used to it all, used to have a map!

i think the glitch must be in the software, as far as I know I’ve Sync 3 . Not sure. Plenty of people on here know all about these things. I don’t. 

Ok, some progress made, I'll post a summary as it May help someone else...

The issues is with the latest waze and android auto versions.

If you rollback to a slightly earlier AA, it's all good. So got now I've done that and turned off Android auto updates from Play store.

The fault is wazes but until they fix, this is a workaround.

The root issue is the GPS isn't kept lube in waze with latest versions of waze and AA, and such you keep losing tracking of position.

Andy

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club