Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 Forward collision warning and ice.

Alex.S

Easy test.  Get behind a tractor you want to overtake and instead of pulling out and then accelerating, WHICH IS DANGEROUS as it increases your time on the wrong side of the road, start to accelerate up to overtaking speed before you pull out.

BONG BONG BONG.

Hate it.

I haven't found anyway of adjusting it, just a tick box on or off.

3 hours ago, alexp999 said:

I haven't found anyway of adjusting it, just a tick box on or off.

Maybe yours is radar! Lol 

I obviously didn't look hard enough, thanks! Have set mine to low now, hopefully that shuts it up in the situations it had been going off.

Mine does have radar yeah, I have active cruise control. Mine's also got evasive steering I didn't realise was enabled! That could be interesting....

IMG_0018.jpeg

• Haha 1

Mines set up differently..I don’t have evasive steering (probably a good thing!)

got lane keeping system..normal intensity.  On Alert rather than Alert and Aid. I trust myself more than Ford technology! 

FD514F1D-E8AD-41B3-9335-C64582102E01.jpeg

2C0D5B57-FB9A-418A-87DE-D7D0D5BBD4C2.jpeg

Lane keeping aid could potentially be dangerous I reckon

I’ve only got my lane keeping on alert. But you have to turn it on with the button on the left stick anyway. 

I’ve looked in to evasive steering a bit more and seems it only assists when you already steer, it doesn’t do it itself. So a bit like emergency brake assist it just increases the force to support your emergency action. 

Tbh I think ford will have done some serious tests on all this technology. If an accident happens because of the new tech ford could get seriously sued and then have to recall them all. 

What button on left stalk ? 

All these systems have disclaimers that it doesn’t take away your responsibility as a driver. 

The lane assist is toggled on and off with the the button on the very end of the indicator stalk. You get green lines in the drivers display to show it’s on if you’re on the correct screen. 

• Like 1

I had no idea! I’ll be checking that out tomorrow 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club