Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Resetting mileage

Jamey0512

Asking for a friend, ive heard sometimes it shows up xxxx when trying to reset. anyone ?

Resetting to what ? 0? 

yes it can be done with a tool. I got one after swapping my cluster and input the wrong number so went from 31k to 310000k 🤕

Haha, did you have to pay again to get it put back to 31k?

Lol it's usually advertised as "mileage correction" but there are of course occasions when it's legit like @Tommo17's cluster swap above.

12 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Lol it's usually advertised as "mileage correction" but there are of course occasions when it's legit like @Tommo17's cluster swap above.

Yes it’s mileage correction. I’ve done it for a few people now for a small sum. 

I ask no questions and here no lies though haha

13 hours ago, Andyr55 said:

Isn’t this called ‘clocking’ ..??

It is. And it’s perfectly legal 

7 minutes ago, Tommo17 said:

It is. And it’s perfectly legal 

Just not when selling a car and misrepresenting the mileage.

Just now, Incontro said:

Just not when selling a car and misrepresenting the mileage.

Correct. 

My friend wanted to hand his car back to fords but was over the miles for the year by like 6k so he wanted to get 6.5k chopped off but the feller warned him that these new dashboards can show xxxx as some sort of thing to stop people from doing this obviously. Anyone heard of this before

Sounds like fraud to me, which carries heavy penalties if caught. Intentionally encouraging or assisting an offence is also a crime. It might be wise to avoid getting involved.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2019 at 12:28 PM, pcaouolte said:

Sounds like fraud to me, which carries heavy penalties if caught. Intentionally encouraging or assisting an offence is also a crime. It might be wise to avoid getting involved.

Ah right ok so in my friends case that's illegal but in repair issues its legal? I understand now, I'l ring my mate now before he does anything he will regret! Thanks for the info

Yes, something like that used to be classed as the offence of "Obtaining pecuniary advantage by deception" but nowadays it's simply classed as "fraud" I believe!

Even if the figure in the Instrument Cluster could be successfully changed it would take Ford or anyone with FORScan or the like about 10 seconds to realise that the car has been clocked because the true mileage is recorded in some of the cars other modules, 5 of them in my car.

For anyone interested there is a procedure in FORScan to increase the mileage only for some cars. This is for cases where a new or second hand Cluster is fitted. They do not have a procedure to decrease the mileage.

2 hours ago, Tizer said:

Even if the figure in the Instrument Cluster could be successfully changed it would take Ford or anyone with FORScan or the like about 10 seconds to realise that the car has been clocked because the true mileage is recorded in some of the cars other modules, 5 of them in my car.

For anyone interested there is a procedure in FORScan to increase the mileage only for some cars. This is for cases where a new or second hand Cluster is fitted. They do not have a procedure to decrease the mileage.

True but they never look that deep 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club