Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front screen demister and battery warning light

ThePowster
聽Share

Evening fellas.

Well today I got me instrument cluster back, put it in car, went for a spin, all seems well.

Come to it tonight, big drive ahead, put front screen demister thing on and the battery light popped up on the clock, I can't be this unlucky surely?

So at first I thought it was something to do with maybe the IC repair but the front demister doesn't work now when I press it.

I turned car off, did that diagnostic menu thing, got the volts up, started her up, showing 14.7 or something then after a minute or so it dropped to 13.6 and the battery light flashed up again and the front demister button is unresponsive, rear works fine.

So any ideas whats going on here? Could it be the IC repair, thats the only variable thats changed or is it just by chance that same day something else goes.

Can I drive it around at 13.6v?聽

Fed up 馃槥

OK answering my own post here聽馃ぃ

According to research it looks like my alternator could have gone?

Things I noticed are..

• A supercharger whine from engine that was unusual
  • Engine note drops with volts at same time
  • battery warning light on dash
  • And the weird one, front heated screen wont work but maybe it wont if it's not charging properly.

So maybe it's just really unlucky that this happened at the time I put the IC back.

So next question.. can a novice like me replace an alternator and belt? and who has an idiots step by step guide to help me out lol that is if you guys think its that?

Some cars have a one way clutch built into alternator pulley. These can fail so the alternator is spinning a lot slower than the outer pulley. This was the problem on my brothers 2008 focus 1.8tdci. I do not know what other engines have that. Also check all wires on alternator. The thick one and some thin ones

• Like 1

Thanks isetta :) I'll look into that. Time to get the tools out me thinks.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club