Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3.0 update

Tommo17

I’m on build 3.0 18025

Any vin number I use that shows an update is only ever this build. How can I get 3.3. 

want to go to 3.3 before I decide on the unofficial update. 

Any idea people ?

You can’t update 3.0 to 3.3 by any official means. They use different partitions and APIM revisions. 

Ford have forked development and maintain 3.0 and 3.3 separately. 

3 hours ago, alexp999 said:

You can’t update 3.0 to 3.3 by any official means. They use different partitions and APIM revisions. 

Ford have forked development and maintain 3.0 and 3.3 separately. 

I’m sure others have updated it to 3.3 not seen anything about unofficial. Will have to look into any and see if any issues. 

Just now, Tommo17 said:

I’m sure others have updated it to 3.3 not seen anything about unofficial. Will have to look into any and see if any issues. 

Anyone who has updated from 3.0 to 3.3 has done so unofficially, by downloading files and following 3rd party guides.

It's not supported or offered by Ford and I personally wouldn't recommend it.

The firmware on the APIM is different, so you can't enable all features. You need to edit the config to enable things like radio logos, but other features just don't work without a reflash of the APIM.

It's also impossible to go back to 3.0 once you reformat using the (now blocked in certain versions) leaked formatting tool which is being passed around.

If you update you'll likely receive no further updates from Ford and have to do all updates manually by finding files and creating updates from 3rd party guides.

To be honest it’s the pre sets that annoy me. I have to click the next bank of presets instead of just flicking through them all. And the sync 3 in my new van can do that. Although that doesn’t have a version number oddly 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club