Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

That's the perfect 'innocent' face there.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

4 hours ago, iantt said:

think our dog would prefer carpet!!   who me??

1468260459494-530495691.jpg

2016-07-11 19.10.36.jpg

oh...I know that look:mellow:

• Like 3

I get that in triplicate.

At least they all stick together and don't 'jack' on each other.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 3

normally she is quite happy being left alone for a few hours as most of the time she is chasing birds in the garden, something must have stressed her out

Has she got toys or suchlike to occupy her?

A Kong with some meat paste or cheese spread inside can keep a dog occupied for a while and is a good distraction in helping prevent cases of separation anxiety.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, iantt said:

normally she is quite happy being left alone for a few hours as most of the time she is chasing birds in the garden, something must have stressed her out

Brandy wouldn't be happy to be alone for anything longer than around a hour!  

Although it used to be worse, about 10 minutes used to be her limit; now she's 15 she can just about do an hour:mellow:

20 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

A Kong with some meat paste or cheese spread inside can keep a dog occupied for a while and is a good distraction in helping prevent cases of separation anxiety.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I've tried that, Brandy just ignores the cheese filled kong, and howls and howls, until I return: when she's suddenly most interested in it.:unsure:

I've always put it down to something, that happened to her before she was rescued, which she can't quite get over.:unsure:

Having said that, I've been with her longer than where she was before being rescued:unsure:

Very impressed with Ringo's first night. Not a sound from him (although getting him to stay in bed long enough to close the kitchen door was a challenge!) and only a single puddle of wee this morning.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Give him a stuffed toy to cozy up to and an old towel or tshirt with your scent on and he'll settle down faster.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 4

On 04/07/2016 at 0:13 PM, Preecematt said:

Can't get that quote to disappear :/

Love the recent doggy pics! Some brilliant faces there!

Pretzel has definitely got the "wasn't me gov" look! Being an older dog she still does the innocent look, but almost it's like she realises she needs to change her game as it doesn't seem to work, so she also has the run away from wherever she left a present to come and find you to tell you how much she loves you.... or she'll run right past, up the stairs and to bed... 

Most of the time that she has an accident it's our fault as we have got caught up doing something... she's not the type to just do it... (probably obvious with all dogs), so she doesn't get told off particularly unless necessary - so she often is found lying in one if her many beds and we get great enjoyment asking her "whaaat did you do?" In a calm deeper voice, only for us to be met with a massive display of wagging tail - whilst lying flat in bed (low profile)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Sent from my SM-G930F

tried the kongs, no interest.lol

she is 6yrs old and rarely do we have an incident. she has free run of the kitchen/utility and secure garden while we are out, when its sunny , we come in and find her asleep in the sun on the patio(no stressing there) also has anyone else got a dog that doesn't bark!!

• Like 1

I do like like that summer seems to be back, well it is at least, summer for today. :smile: 

Brandy's morning walk was unexpectedly profitable for a Tuesday, £16.80 found on the pavement, in loose change between the takeaways and the taxi rank:smile:  That's nearer to a weekend walk amount:smile:

I also am very pleased with my new pressure washer, a Nilfisk E140:smile:

I wanted one to able to remove the lichen that grows all over my north facing patio and north west facing path.  Which my lesser powered inherited Power Devil one couldn't.  Last night's "test drive" on three random lichen covered flagstones, the PD would've cleaned the lichen rather than cleaned it off: with the Nilfisk, each lichen was removed entirely in 1-2 seconds with the spinning tornado nozzle :biggrin:and about 5 seconds with the regular nozzle:smile:

I also tried out my new snow foam lance on the Mk2 Focus but got interrupted when my two hoses parted company mid-rinse (as featured on the "I don't like thread")

3 hours ago, hywelkidd said:

Very impressed with Ringo's first night. Not a sound from him (although getting him to stay in bed long enough to close the kitchen door was a challenge!) and only a single puddle of wee this morning.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That for humans, is the advantage of tiled floors over carpets.  It's far easier to mop up.

On carpets (unless treated with that 3M sealer) it's the blotting paper method with kitchen roll, then a wet & dry vacuum or a steam vacuum.

Being a rescue dog Brandy came ready house-trained, so I didn't have the joys of waking up to liquid presents.  However, now she's an older dog, sometimes her urge to go is stronger than her ability to get outside.  So, I'm having them now:laugh:

Thinking about when Ringo as old as Brandy, you don't want buy a brown carpet for your hall.  Dog presents can be hard to see in the hall, until that is, you tread on them and feel them through your feet (more disconcerting bare footed):ohmy:

2 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Give him a stuffed toy to cozy up to and an old towel or tshirt with your scent on and he'll settle down faster.

Sent from my SM-G930F

That's exactly what my occasional dog sitter tells her overnight boarders to bring, or worn underwear

1 hour ago, Ianb said:

run away from wherever she left a present to come and find you to tell you how much she loves you.... or she'll run right past, up the stairs and to bed... 

Brandy does that

And oddly enough she has just done that now!:laugh:

Having failed to get out the kitchen door into the drive in time, a few presents left by the washing machine,she came up to the office (upstairs) to tell me

50 minutes ago, iantt said:

also has anyone else got a dog that doesn't bark!!

Brandy gave up barking a couple of years ago.

She'll howl (wolf style) if she finds herself alone for more than about an hour: but not bark.

It might be an age thing, she's on15 almost 16 yrs old now:

When we first came here, she led the neighbourhood hounds in barking at incoming religious zealots, unsolicited salesman, postmen etc. Now she doesn't even bother to join in; letting other local dogs alert each other from garden to garden  The spaniel opposite seems to has taken over the mantle of leading the dog choir

summer?? not here it isn't, got a rare day off work in the week and as soon as dog was walked, it has rained constantly .

was hoping to be in the garden today.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, iantt said:

summer?? not here it isn't, got a rare day off work in the week and as soon as dog was walked, it has rained constantly .

was hoping to be in the garden today.

We've had three or four summer like days since June: but mainly near constant rain with October temperatures

I've got eight 210 litre water butts (well, ex-orange juice and mango chutney  l-ring drums serving as water butts) that in normal years are all empty by early July, and I have to switch to using tap water. 

Not this year, they're all full:laugh:

Each time I pump one butt into my plunging tank (another L-ring drum), another day of rain has filled it up again.:laugh:

On the plus side, this years water bills will be lower:smile:

• Like 1

We seem to get summer over night here...not even sure how the moon seems to produce so much heat... :laugh: 

Still disgustingly hot at night, but alright during the day which is weird!

31 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

We seem to get summer over night here...not even sure how the moon seems to produce so much heat... :laugh: 

Latent heat radiating back out of your house during the otherwise cooler night.

I've noticed it get bizarrely hot here, always around 2am, never earlier, even in winter.  :laugh:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Same here, always raining at the moment

9 minutes ago, GMX said:

Latent heat radiating back out of your house during the otherwise cooler night.

I've noticed it get bizarrely hot here, always around 2am, never earlier, even in winter.  :laugh:

Does nothing here other than rain at the moment lol, it was nice and warm yesterday morning when I went to work at 3am yet Saturday I put the heater on in the loader & that was at 5am and on Sunday I was walking around in a vest at 5am, don't know this morning as I WAS SUPPOSED to be at work for 3am, overslept until 6 lol.  So I'm now working Sunday morning at 3 

3 hours ago, iantt said:

tried the kongs, no interest.lol

she is 6yrs old and rarely do we have an incident. she has free run of the kitchen/utility and secure garden while we are out, when its sunny , we come in and find her asleep in the sun on the patio(no stressing there) also has anyone else got a dog that doesn't bark!!

Casper is 6 or 7 in September and I can count on 2 hands the amount of times he has barked, he barked at the neighbour the other day & because we have a 7ft fence we just leave the back door open for him, he will bark at night time if we shut him out & forget about him but that's very rare, however if he has a toy in his mouth he won't stop doing that whining noise, so I say to him in a really soppy voice " awww what's the matter casper" and he does it even more lol

All 3 of my dogs bark on hand signals but only the collie and springer bark of their own volition.

The mali tends to just grumble and squeak.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

I do like having a lesson in the 405 in which I have sorted out my parallel parking (the main problem), successfully done a left reverse and turn in the road, plus did a bit of directed driving to make sure I didn't have any unknown faults there - which I didn't. 

So, now it's just a case of waiting for August 3rd, and if I can drive like I did in my lesson tonight, I should pass.  Problem is, on August 3rd I'll be under pressure...  Lets just say I don't cope well under pressure :laugh:

• Like 2

plus side to it raining all day, was indoors on pc causally looking at flights to orlando for april school hols, way to expensive for us normally, found a cracking deal, too good to be true. so booked it online and now got to wait 48hrs for e tickets or cancelation if falls through due to a travel agent noticing prices, its a waiting game.

i was supposed to be gardening,lol

• Like 1

Although summer didn't stay long after I'd posted it's return yesterday, it had gone by 3pm. we were back to October by 5pm with lots of butt filling up rain.

Although not forecast for today, it's back at the moment:smile:, for how long is another matter.

I do like that the one of blueberry is almost covered with ripe fruit, that Brandy hasn't, as yet, hoovered off.:smile: 

Whilst not a traditional dog food, Brandy does love to pluck a ripe blueberry from the bush with the same kind of lip skills seen in giraffes! If it was one or two, it would amusing: however, once she notice they are ripe, she'll strip the bush:mellow:

23 hours ago, Preecematt said:

don't know this morning as I WAS SUPPOSED to be at work for 3am, overslept until 6 lol.  So I'm now working Sunday morning at 3 

When you got there, were the cows all grumpy and with their legs crossed, impatient to empty their massively swollen udders?

21 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

All 3 of my dogs bark on hand signals but only the collie and springer bark of their own volition.

The mali tends to just grumble and squeak.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I saw a program on Pick TV the other night about the work of K9 officers more specifically the dogs, among other things they demonstrated the bark on command gesture

It was also amusing to see the 'hard men - i'll take on  the lot you' type criminals become sniffling cry-babies when confronted with a barking police dog.:smile:

The sniffers were amazing. :smile:

• Like 1

I do like how easy cleaning is when you have the right equipment...

WP_20160713_14_51_52_Pro.jpg

I like technicalities...

When you don't ever use something, it's said to be gathering dust.....

Hoovers job is to gather dust yes?.. therefore if you never use it, it's still doing it's job! :D

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ianb said:

I like technicalities...

When you don't ever use something, it's said to be gathering dust.....

Hoovers job is to gather dust yes?.. therefore if you never use it, it's still doing it's job! :D

That's many people's excuse, I reckon! :laugh:

@GMX No they were loving it, they had a lie in as well lol

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club