Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

11 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

I do like finishing painting all 4 brake calipers, admittedly it's a lighter shade then I would like but it looks good in person.

Was that dedicated caliper paint?

I wonder what  "50 SR" signifies on the road where you parked?

19 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I dare say that your DC01 is a better vacuum cleaner, and that says a lot coming from me as I'm the biggest Dyson hater there is.

The DC01 is a better vacuum cleaner than the DC07 Animal that I have as a reserve.

Just now, GMX said:

Was that dedicated caliper paint?

I wonder what  "50 SR" signifies on the road where you parked?

The DC01 is a better vacuum cleaner than the DC07 Animal that I have as a reserve.

50 is my house number, SR is the road name, Stokesay Road.  What do you mean about dedicated caliper paint? As in specific to calipers??  No it's just high temperature paint.  I am slightly warming to the colour now

13 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

What do you mean about dedicated caliper paint? As in specific to calipers??  

Yes, like this http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/car-maintenance-accessories/paints-and-primers/caliper-paint/?993771951&0&cc5_809

High temperature paint is probably more durable though:smile:

I've been meaning to do mine but can't decide which colour to use:unsure:.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GMX said:

Yes, like this http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/car-maintenance-accessories/paints-and-primers/caliper-paint/?993771951&0&cc5_809

High temperature paint is probably more durable though:smile:

I've been meaning to do mine but can't decide which colour to use:unsure:.

Sounds silly but to be honest I didn't even think of caliper paint lol.  I wanted to do mine black & then have those brake clip things zinc plated.  Now they are probably going to be black clips.  But Cheryl said black would be boring & she's the boss so I had to listen lol

• Like 2

Haha. Not sure what colour to paint mine either... hence why I haven't done it for the entire ownership. Matt, did you take the wheels off? Calipers off? Or paint it all in situ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ianb said:

Haha. Not sure what colour to paint mine either... hence why I haven't done it for the entire ownership. Matt, did you take the wheels off? Calipers off? Or paint it all in situ?

Wheels off job, in an ideal wheel I'd of taken each caliper off and given it a proper refurb and done it on a bench but at the moment I don't have those facilities, so it was just a good scrub with the wire brush and the knuckles lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Preecematt said:

Wheels off job, in an ideal wheel I'd of taken each caliper off and given it a proper refurb and done it on a bench but at the moment I don't have those facilities, so it was just a good scrub with the wire brush and the knuckles lol

Haha, I wish I had some space to tinker, got no parking space other than on street stuff. hmmmm

1 hour ago, Ianb said:

Haha, I wish I had some space to tinker, got no parking space other than on street stuff. hmmmm

Mines on street parking, I just have a dedicated space, not that it matters to some irritating people.  I do have some inlaws who live on a farm who's land you can see in the background of my picture but sometimes they moan at me, it's hit and miss with them.  

• Like 1

I do like the end of a very long day and coming home to steak and tatties and a few glasses of red. 

• Like 3

I like my wifes suggestion for Top Gear..... We haven't seen the new series, I enjoyed the old one due to the cars, and some of the travelling adventures they did (gives me ideas), and the wife loved the travelling ones and found the presenters v funny.... we never like the idea of Chris Evans... just didn't seem right...

...so her new suggestion? Boris Johnson!

I've got to say, I reckon it'd work... and lets face it, he's not a mayor anymore and he isn't going for PM... so pretty sure he's gonna have some spare time! haha...

• Like 2

I do like that summer seems to have arrived in the last three hours, the weather is for once matching the time of year:smile: 

I might be able to address my ever growing pile of things to do to the Mk2 Focus tonight, not to mention the garden backlog and my ever increasing unruly bush

20 hours ago, Ianb said:

:ohmy: I thought all hotels had some reserved parking somewhere, even if not on site. Where will your guests park when you've refurbished and  open for business?

I do like the paper we're  decorating the hallway with atm. Duck egg powder blue laura ashley josette pattern - it looks amazing! We're painting the bottom half  (dado rail ) because of the cats with an exact matches duck egg blue to the paper, again laura ashley. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GMX said:

I do like that summer seems to have arrived in the last three hours .. address ..  my ever increasing unruly bush

Talking about Summer & unruly bushes, I do like having just found the first 3 ripe raspberries of the year. And I beat the birds to it.smile.png

I have tried nets, but after the plant grows through the net, it seems to do a better job of keeping me out than the birds!

There's me, struggling in a mass of net and plant stems, while the pesky tweeting things sit there having a good laugh, just waiting for me to go away again, before they tuck in. wacko.png

I would like to try an animatronic cat, that moves like a real one, but is better behaved. Our real cat was useless as a guard. Anyone got one they don't want?biggrin.png

• Like 1

We got a dog that likes chasing birds/cats. And she does a good job , got raspberries fruiting and not a net in sight. Lol

She wanders in and out of house as she pleases through a dog flap while we at work, win win situation.

4 hours ago, GMX said:

I do like that summer seems to have arrived in the last three hours, the weather is for once matching the time of year:smile: 

I might be able to address my ever growing pile of things to do to the Mk2 Focus tonight, not to mention the garden backlog and my ever increasing unruly bush

:ohmy: I thought all hotels had some reserved parking somewhere, even if not on site. Where will your guests park when you've refurbished and  open for business?

Unfortunately not, however the road at the front is strictly pay and display or permits (that we can provide daily), so it means it's completely clear of local residents vehicles - much to the residents dislike. Parking would be wonderful but literally no room, our 'site' is occupied entirely by 'building'.....Unless we develop some nifty car lift and store idea for guests.... although pennies are hard to come by for things like that at the best of times! 

I do like, upon travelling to my residence(aka work) tonight, I saw a next shape Mustang in a weird orange colour & heard it.  Oh my god it sounds nice, chap has recently had it detailed by the company I helped out last year.  

I went out to tackle my unruly bush, a pittosporum, and found it had some occupants.  A nest containing three very young blackbirds, none of whom obliged and stuck their beaks up when i tried to photograph them.

nest.jpg

I also found the first blueberry, just beginning to ripen

blueberry-03.jpg

and then the second one

blueberry-02b.jpg

7 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

I have tried nets, but after the plant grows through the net, it seems to do a better job of keeping me out than the birds!

I use 6mm x 6mm netting over a timber frame to keep the pigeons off my brassicas and then over cover it in summer with enviromesh to keep the cabbage white butterflies off, removing it when they've gone in October, leaving the netting in place and thwarting the pigeons in winter too.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, GMX said:

young blackbirds, none of whom obliged and stuck their beaks up when i tried to photograph them.

Ghana, I think your chances of becoming Wildlife Photographer of the year are just slightly less than mine!unsure.png

But the blueberries look good though.smile.png

This was my effort to photograph an un-cooperative robin. It took quite a while even for this. (A bit unseasonal, I am afraid, but I gave up trying, after that.)

PSTOCK-4.JPG

• Like 2

My blackbird photography is perhaps better suited to a bird estate agency:laugh:

"One family sized nest in pleasant residential location, close to water source and feeding stations"

I've got a robin nesting in a fallen over 9" pot next to the rhubarb and beets.

• Like 1

I love watching birds, but annoyingly live in a street with a million (slight exaggeration..) cats. So there are not many visiting the garden. Having a pet parrot however has given me practice of taking their photos. Rather proud of this one - 

20445894494_77deabcc42.jpg

Also, my £6 number plate surrounds turned up. They are a surprisingly good match to the glossy black front grill and seem to hold the new metal plates very well. Sometimes buying cheap does work out it seems! 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Arwen said:

given me practice of taking their photos. Rather proud of this one

Wow, that is a million times better (no exaggeration here!) than my effort!

• Like 1

Thanks :-) A bit of luck, some patience and a quick camera can do wonders! 

• Like 1

I do like that our Barclays account manager insisted that Brandy joined us, for today's meeting.

Where he tried (and failed) to persuade us to buy further services that we do not want: nor need, from them.  Brandy however, benefited from smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwich when refreshments were bought in

3 hours ago, Arwen said:

I love watching birds, but annoyingly live in a street with a million (slight exaggeration..) cats. So there are not many visiting the garden. Having a pet parrot however has given me practice of taking their photos. Rather proud of this one - 

20445894494_77deabcc42.jpg

Also, my £6 number plate surrounds turned up. They are a surprisingly good match to the glossy black front grill and seem to hold the new metal plates very well. Sometimes buying cheap does work out it seems! 

That's a superb photo:smile:

My current cats show absolutely zero interest in pursuing the local birds: voles and mice however, are frequently terrorised. Molly also has a thing for tormenting moths and maybugs

• Like 2

I do like completing everything I planned to do yesterday, some 3 hours ahead of schedule, and as a result I've also completed everything I planned to do today, some 7 hours early.:smile:

Which consequently means, I'm now doing Friday's tasks.  At this rate, by next week, I'll have a couple of 'spare days' :lol:

I do like:

That it's the last day of term..looking forward to a 9 week break!

& by Tuesday I'll be relaxing by my pool in Cyprus where it's currently a cool 38c. Can't wait!! :yahoo:

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club