Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Well despite the two good weather days since the 310R was delivered coming and going while I've been stuck in the office, I've spent the last 3 evenings getting to know the car a bit in the garage. I've worked out what all the dashboard switches do, learnt how to fit the roof, adjusted the harnesses, put sealant on the wheels and treated the seats with L1. I didn't put C2 on the paintwork in the end because the dealer had detailed the car and given it a coat of wax before delivery. I guess I'll leave that until later in the year. Now what I really need is some nice weather to see how it drives, but it looks like it's going to rain solidly for the next 3 days before being sunny again on Monday when I'm back at work. Typical.

20200227_202933.jpg

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Well despite the two good weather days since the 310R was delivered coming and going while I've been stuck in the office, I've spent the last 3 evenings getting to know the car a bit in the garage. I've worked out what all the dashboard switches do, learnt how to fit the roof, adjusted the harnesses, put sealant on the wheels and treated the seats with L1. I didn't put C2 on the paintwork in the end because the dealer had detailed the car and given it a coat of wax before delivery. I guess I'll leave that until later in the year. Now what I really need is some nice weather to see how it drives, but it looks like it's going to rain solidly for the next 3 days before being sunny again on Monday when I'm back at work. Typical.

20200227_202933.jpg

You need to let me have it through the week Tim - I’ll have it run in in no time! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Finance Guy said:

You need to let me have it through the week Tim - I’ll have it run in in no time! 

Thanks for the offer :tongue:

I'm just going to have to be patient - I shan't be taking it out in the wet.

When you get here so early it's just about diserted 😂

Screenshot_20200228-083400.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

When you get here so early it's just about diserted 😂

Screenshot_20200228-083400.png

Corona must have taken out more of the population than I thought!! 😮 :tongue: 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Corona must have taken out more of the population than I thought!! 😮 :tongue: 

Speaking of CoronaVirus there's a primary school in my area with people suspected to have it 😭

• Sad 1

I do like upgrading my TV and broadband so I now get more channels (inc more HD channels and some 4K channels), a new TV box and 200mbps speeds with quite a discount for 12 months and I also get to keep my old TV box on the network. 
The price was supposed to be £90.50 a month (£7.50 of that is to keep the original box) but it's only costing me £71.50 a month so that's a £19 discount. 
If I'd not decided to keep the original box, it would have been £83 but discounted to £64. 
That's 21% discount so price reduced by just over a fifth. That's the biggest discount I've ever had from the company.
Ok, I did have to pay £35 for installation but the engineer won't need to come into the property though as the equipment can be set up by me and activated remotely.

• Like 2

Went to the legendary sambo's Tyres yesterday only 4 miles away from home. Sambo and the team have been featured on several car YouTubers and a lot of them including celebrities come there. Yesterday a boxer came there not long before I came. 

Managed to get my car on their insta story 😂. Reason I went there was so they might try to balance my two wheels which sadly are both buckled. 

Think we got a face reveal after nearly 3 years on this forum 👀

Screenshot_20200228-211415.png

Screenshot_20200229-102752.png

Screenshot_20200229-102742.png

• Like 2

I do like that the weather had a gap long enough for me to change the faulty CEUK reverse LEDs out for the Autobeam ones. Freezing cold winds still but at least I got them done before Tuesday when the MOT is due.

@zain611 you and Sambo are looking pretty chilled, so much so that I thought Sambo was sticking his fingers up at first :biggrin:.

I also like this weather site and it's radar page for the next 3 hours: https://meteoradar.co.uk/expected-rainfall

• Haha 1

Looks like he's showing a 'Shocker' to me. [emoji44]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

Just bought some more Autoglym products from Halfords with my FOC discount card :thumbsup:

It's a shame Halfords don't sell Gtechniq products too.

FOC discount card for Halfords??? Where do I sign?

2 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Just bought some more Autoglym products from Halfords with my FOC discount card :thumbsup:

If you're after any Autofinesse stuff, they have 50% off sone clearance items on thier website atm.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Whatd you get? I'm looking at their trim dressing. Gtechniq I might recommend you look at slims detailing for products. Have good prices on stuff though delivery is what gets me though I can drive there

35 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

If you're after any Autofinesse stuff, they have 50% off sone clearance items on thier website atm.

I don't actually use any Autofinesse products at the moment since switching to Autoglym snow foam.

33 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Whatd you get? I'm looking at their trim dressing. Gtechniq I might recommend you look at slims detailing for products. Have good prices on stuff though delivery is what gets me though I can drive there

Nothing of any interest at all I'm afraid - some more Interior Shampoo and some Bird Dropping Wipes (which I keep in the glove box in the ST).

My latest Gtechniq purchase was some more L1 and two dual layer foam applicator pads - that was from Shop'n'Shine (cheapest according to Google). Slims looks to be about 10% more taking delivery into account...

5 minutes ago, The Finance Guy said:

Yeah just signed up there - should I expect the card in the post or what?

Yeah, you'll get a joining pack which includes the card and two FOC stickers - but good luck finding somewhere suitable to put them on your car as they're not window stickers. Don't get too excited about the FOC supporters area of the forum either - it's basically dead.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Yeah, you'll get a joining pack which includes the card and two FOC stickers - but good luck finding somewhere suitable to put them on your car as they're not window stickers. Don't get too excited about the FOC supporters area of the forum either - it's basically dead.

Cheers Tim. 

12 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Sorry, that sounded a bit negative didn't it. The Halfords discount is very good. We bought some CatEye bike lights for Mrs. TimST2 and Little Miss TimST2 straight after joining and saved more than the cost of membership. It's always cheaper to buy Autoglym products there now with the discount too. As @zain611 says, the postage negates any discounts from online retailers.

• Like 1

If anybody fancies stickers that can be put inside a window I have some available.
P/M me your posting details and I'll forward a couple.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

Don't get too excited about the FOC supporters area of the forum either - it's basically dead.

There is one major upside to the supporters area...I'm not allowed in it!  :laugh:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

If anybody fancies stickers that can be put inside a window I have some available.
P/M me your posting details and I'll forward a couple.

Would love some pictures to see what they are. Wouldn't want you sending stickers to me, mum opening the package and surprised to see some provocative images 😂. Wouldn't end well there for me. 

@TimST2 when I see bird droppings I like to get warm water if I'm at home and just pour it on there which hopefully loosens it. If not I keep a spray bottle of soopy water and just keep spraying until it all dislodges. Can be time consuming but try to aim not to make contact. 

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Would love some pictures to see what they are. Wouldn't want you sending stickers to me, mum opening the package and surprised to see some provocative images 😂. Would end well there for me.

What are you expecting? :laughing:

They'll say "Ford Owners Club" surely!?

35 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@TimST2 when I see bird droppings I like to get warm water if I'm at home and just pour it on there which hopefully loosens it. If not I keep a spray bottle of soopy water and just keep spraying until it all dislodges. Can be time consuming but try to aim not to make contact. 

I don't think bird droppings will damage the paint - they're pretty soft as soon as they get wet and these wipes dissolve them anyway. But yes, at home they get washed off.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

What are you expecting? :laughing:

They'll say "Ford Owners Club" surely!?

I don't think bird droppings will damage the paint - they're pretty soft as soon as they get wet and these wipes dissolve them anyway. But yes, at home they get washed off.

Never know it might say 'officially a FOCer' 😅

I think they can do some damage due to the acid in them. There was a little dimple on the roof of my car which looked like a bird mark which must of been sitting there for some time and left a indentation. Luckily I believe it's gone since I polished it. 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club