Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

12 minutes ago, Zico said:

Ooh thanks, I didn't think to look on HUKD for clippers!  I've actually reached the point where I'm procrastinating so much I don't seem to have the time to look for things I actually need now! 🤦‍♂️ :laugh: 

Sadly that ones corded and doesn't have long enough attachments though.  I'd need to get the 20 metre extension lead out to use a corded model with the bathroom mirror which seems a bit much! :biggrin: 

@TomsFocus yes I did recall you were after cordless but I thought while it was listed that you may still be interested if the price was right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zico said:

@TomsFocus yes I did recall you were after cordless but I thought while it was listed that you may still be interested if the price was right.

There's no doubt that's a fantastic price, less than the cost of one proper haircut!  But it's just not practical for me without buying extra length combs and rolling out extension cords.  I'd rather pay double for one for less hassle in this case. :smile: 

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264722932900

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

That'll be £55+ time the auction ends, I've been watching a few of them after eBay after your recommendation!  Should only be around £30...wish I'd bought one when you first recommended it now.

People are even paying £100 for them, they must be mad! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wahl-Colour-Pro-Cordless-Clipper-Brand-New-IN-HAND-IMMEDIATE-DISPATCH/202980916670?hash=item2f429afdbe:g:bDsAAOSw2uhesZUI

Edit - Someone needs to replace their I key... :laugh: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wahl-Har-Clppers-for-Men-Colour-Pro-Cordless-Head-Shaver-Mens-Har-Clppers-wth/233509368377?hash=item365e3e3239:g:uyAAAOSwl4xeWX~W

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

There's no doubt that's a fantastic price, less than the cost of one proper haircut!  But it's just not practical for me without buying extra length combs and rolling out extension cords.  I'd rather pay double for one for less hassle in this case. :smile: 

Or buy a cheap movable mirror 😉

I do like getting the BBQ out for its first outing this year 😎

I've not really cleaned it properly for a while so decided, since I've got the time, to give it a good clean. Ended up taking it apart and painting it as well 😃

Looks a bit better now 👍 

Roll on teatime 🍻🍣🍔

IMG_20200507_145836470.jpg

Edited by Turvey
Muppet forgot to put photo in post!
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Or buy a cheap movable mirror 😉

Just remembered I've got one of these but my head's too big... :laugh:

Should've saved the glass from the broken wing mirrors I've dumped in the past!

IMG_20200507_115250658.thumb.jpg.6d3f6aa5b843a824135d2eb71c62dd9e.jpg

I still haven't properly looked for a set of clippers...  Will have to make time specifically over the weekend! :laugh:

Or might wait & see if Tesco have any when I go on Tuesday lol.

• Like 2

my parther says im drinking to much!! i said what if i had 1 can a day. she said thats ok. so while i was in pub carpark getting a bag of white powder.........(good for cakes i must say  before you all say. ) i purchased 1 can of beer. she didnt say what size can . lol

Screenshot_20200507-171907_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, iantt said:

my parther says im drinking to much!! i said what if i had 1 can a day. she said thats ok. so while i was in pub carpark getting a bag of white powder.........(good for cakes i must say  before you all say. ) i purchased 1 can of beer. she didnt say what size can . lol

Screenshot_20200507-171907_Gallery.jpg

Can't quite make out the writing but is that Old Spot from Cullingworth in Yorkshire?

no, its a local brewery in gloucestershire

to be fair i cant make out the writing either now. lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, iantt said:

no, its a local brewery in gloucestershire

to be fair i cant make out the writing either now. lol 

Yes after drinking a full can it gets harder to read...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, The Finance Guy said:

Yes after drinking a full can it gets harder to read...

Still some left. It's just my eye sight isn't what it used to be. 

• Like 1

My new scanner since it makes things easier for me now.

I do like that 5 of 6 model kits I ordered from a place on Wednesday are being delivered today. The final one from them will be delivered tomorrow. 
I do also like that the other kits and paints I ordered from another place were dispatched yesterday so could arrive tomorrow (depending on Parcel Force). 

• Like 2

Around a month ago my car was the victim of a hit and run (see post below), and it seemed like I was going to have to pay my £400 excess out of pocket.

However I do like receiving the news that the other insurer admitted liability, so no out of pocket costs for me, and NCB will remain untouched! Justice served, woo!

I assume the insurance of guy who hit me will skyrocket during renewal, and maybe he might even have to pay his current excess on the policy in full? 

• Like 4

Kiss FM have been playing some absolute bangers today!  It's Super Kisstory all day for the Bank Holiday I think! :biggrin:  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Kiss FM have been playing some absolute bangers today!  It's Super Kisstory all day for the Bank Holiday I think! :biggrin:  

I’ve found Absolute to be really good these past couple of days! 

• Like 3

I’ve found Absolute to be really good these past couple of days! 
Absolute 80's is my go to station.
It's the music genre I first got into when entering the working world for the first time.
I think the shop radio's tuning dial was glued up on radio 1.
Strange now as I find radio 1 to be crap nowadays.
They're trying too hard to be hip all the time and play some right tat.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

It's the music genre I first got into when entering the working world for the first time.
I think the shop radio's tuning dial was glued up on radio 1.
Strange now as I find radio 1 to be crap nowadays.
They're trying too hard to be hip all the time and play some right tat.

The main problem with Radio 1 is all the talking...it's just as bad, if not worse, than all the ads on the commercial stations! :yawn: 

I listen to Kiss every morning, comes on automatically at 6.45.  Then listen to Kiss again for Kisstory between 11-12 and leave it on for a few more hours.  In the kitchen, cooking or washing up, I was listening to Heart 80s until recently, they just seemed to be playing the same tracks constantly!  So I'm now on Absolute 90s which is great tbh.  Have also tried Radio X which is good but the signal is patchy.  I just wish there was one station that played all the variety I want in a station, various genres from the 70s all the way through the 20s! 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

The main problem with Radio 1 is all the talking...it's just as bad, if not worse, than all the ads on the commercial stations! :yawn: 

I listen to Kiss every morning, comes on automatically at 6.45.  Then listen to Kiss again for Kisstory between 11-12 and leave it on for a few more hours.  In the kitchen, cooking or washing up, I was listening to Heart 80s until recently, they just seemed to be playing the same tracks constantly!  So I'm now on Absolute 90s which is great tbh.  Have also tried Radio X which is good but the signal is patchy.  I just wish there was one station that played all the variety I want in a station, various genres from the 70s all the way through the 20s! 

It’s called Spotify 😂😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Heart 90s is what I listen to 50% of the time when I'm in the car, find it better than AbsoluteR90s, although the latter plays a gem every once in a while that simply doesn't exist on the Heart90s playlist.

We're missing a Heart 00s station though!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

I heard yesterday of an old dear who inherited one of those along with a house (car was in the garage). Put it straight to auction, dust and all, and it got bid up to £80k. 

I would love one of these bad boys. Just £79,998 to go...better keep saving!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Absolute are doing a 40s station for today 😉

https://planetradio.co.uk/absolute-radio-00s/

The 80s station is our station of choice on Saturday nights whereas the Classic Rock one is what I listen to when I'm home alone 🤘😎😄

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club