Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I do like that it is Friday night and the wet weekend we are set to have won't really bother me since my gardening is done! 

Glass or five of red tonight it is... :wine:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like that it is Friday night and the wet weekend we are set to have won't really bother me since my gardening is done! 

Glass or five of red tonight it is... :wine:

Enjoy 🍷

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

It’s called Spotify 😂😉

Effort...  I just want someone to choose the songs for me!  I'm too indecisive for all the choice on Spotify... :laugh:

In fairness, I do listen to Spotify for about half an hour a day...it's ideal for my post dinner loo visit... :tongue:

• Haha 1

I do like getting the outdoor furniture painted today. 

Like a muppet I forgot to do a 'before' pic but I remembered just before I started the last bit. Hopefully we'll get a couple more years out of them. 

IMG_20200508_125633640.jpg

IMG_20200508_194013391.jpg

• Like 5

Do like making this popcorn shrimp 🦐😋

Screenshot_20200508-203552.thumb.png.2612114e8b13bcaf707a7f6b3e447536.png

Also want to thank my neighbours for giving these burgers they made yesterday in their bbqScreenshot_20200508-203608.thumb.png.2f91ce3c6e47949a40e83523dcc676f9.png

• Like 4

I do like the fudge type stuff that Mrs Turvey made today. Not quite sure exactly what's in it but there's M+Ms and 2 bars of Dairy Milk for a start! 

If you take a bite and listen carefully you can hear your teeth slowly rot! 😲😄

IMG_20200508_214858483.jpg

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I do like the fudge type stuff that Mrs Turvey made today. Not quite sure exactly what's in it but there's M+Ms and 2 bars of Dairy Milk for a start! 

If you take a bite and listen carefully you can hear your teeth slowly rot! 😲😄

IMG_20200508_214858483.jpg

Oh my goodness they look divine!  I made rock cakes yesterday and they aren't lasting long put it that way.

• Like 5

Powder coating gun arrived today. Just need an oven now, and maybe a sandblasting cabinet...

• Like 4

I do like that all 13 model kits have now been delivered along with the 10 pots of acrylic model paint I ordered. 
Oh, there's a couple of Fords in the pile for me to make so once completed, they'll be added to my Ford related model kit gallery. 

• Like 4

Its weather like this that makes me wish even more I had a driveway...

Nothing as satisfying as washing and waxing your own car, and giving it that sparkle on weekends like these...

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Nothing as satisfying as washing and waxing your own car, and giving it that sparkle on weekends like these...

It's too hot right now for me to attempt to wash my car (again). Washed it a couple of weeks back in the earlier nice weather and the snow foam/shampoo was drying on the car before I could even move to the next panel/side. After that it was covered in damn pollen so much so that it looked like I had just poured it over the car :rolleyes:.

On a different note, I do like that I have got a spare Steam key for Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation if anybody is after one. It's free on Humble Bundle at the moment but I had an issue with making the first 'purchase' and accidently refreshed and ended up with a second key a few minutes later.

• Like 1

The lack of driving means the car wouldn’t really need a wash, except that now the weather is decent the birds are about and just seem to love shi77ing on a nice clean car. 

• Sad 2

48 minutes ago, The Finance Guy said:

The lack of driving means the car wouldn’t really need a wash, except that now the weather is decent the birds are about and just seem to love shi77ing on a nice clean car. 

Yes same here!  Of course living on the coast means the seagulls are at their most prevalent and I swear they have it in for me. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Incontro said:

I'm sure you'll be able to wash your car on the road soon as looks like Boris will be relaxing things...  Rightly or wrongly well that's another question! :confused:

• Like 1

I'm getting seagulls, pigeon and magpie targeting my car right now.
Add to falling blossom & small buds and you can imagine the mess.
Lucky I have access to a pressure washer at work or it would be costing a fortune in carwash fees.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Haven't washed mine since Feb 11th...it's now at that stage where there's a layer of filth that just shifts slightly when it rains.  :unsure:

I don't intend to wash it any time soon.  No shows or meets to go so why bother lol...

• Like 1

I do like that a pre-recorded cassette tape made in 1967 still plays like new! :ohmy:

Just looking at the case made me think there was little to no chance of it still being playable but sometimes you do get a surprise.

20200509_182425.thumb.jpg.c04b2fdaecd45ea82ac393fa25040c68.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

Of course living on the coast means the seagulls are at their most prevalent and I swear they have it in for me. 

There hasn't been as many seagulls near me this year. I'm guessing that is because there are no discarded takeaways for them to scavenge on because of the lockdown and they are heading back to sea. I'm sure I heard one asking how to get to Morayshire😁

The public grass areas are not getting cut as often either so the worm charming ones have given up too.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tizer said:

There hasn't been as many seagulls near me this year. I'm guessing that is because there are no discarded takeaways for them to scavenge on because of the lockdown and they are heading back to sea. I'm sure I heard one asking how to get to Morayshire😁

The public grass areas are not getting cut as often either so the worm charming ones have given up too.

Silver linings eh!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, The Finance Guy said:

Powder coating gun arrived today. Just need an oven now, and maybe a sandblasting cabinet...

I'm actually looking into spraying. Want to practice first then do the door strips. They are textured plastic so want to colour code them

• Like 2

I do like getting a delivery of 1,100 Litres of Kerosene home heating oil today for the surprisingly low price of €455.00 from our regular reputable supplier,

Wont need to use it today or tomorrow but comforting to know that it's there; hasn't been full like that for atleast three years now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

I do like getting a delivery of 1,100 Litres of Kerosene home heating oil today for the surprisingly low price of €455.00 from our regular reputable supplier,

Wont need to use it today or tomorrow but comforting to know that it's there; hasn't been full like that for atleast three years now. 

I think all oil has dropped in price whether it be petrol, diesel or kerosene.  Thankfully I'm mains gas but hardly using my boiler at the moment other than for hot water, although tomorrow is due to be colder so may have to put it on for a few hours.

• Like 3

oil dropped like a stone a few weeks ago. We filled out tank up with a 1500l delivery about a month or so back when it was 36p a litre (which was already several hundred pounds cheaper at the time). Order was a non rush so they turned up about 20th April to deliver. The week after oil had dropped to ~18p a litre so it would have cost us half of what we had paid still :crybaby:.

@Lenny I don't know if this is true for you but I had read of some oil suppliers apparently taking orders now and charging a fee of around £25 to hold it and deliver later in the year. I haven't checked with our supplier as I'm already sore from the extra savings I missed out on.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Zico said:

Oil dropped like a stone a few weeks ago. We filled out tank up with a 1500l delivery about a month or so back when it was 36p a litre (which was already several hundred pounds cheaper at the time). Order was a non rush so they turned up about 20th April to deliver. The week after oil had dropped to ~18p a litre so it would have cost us half of what we had paid still :crybaby:.

@Lenny I don't know if this is true for you but I had read of some oil suppliers apparently taking orders now and charging a fee of around £25 to hold it and deliver later in the year. I haven't checked with our supplier as I'm already sore from the extra savings I missed out on.

Sod's law isn't it!!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Zico said:

Oil dropped like a stone a few weeks ago. We filled out tank up with a 1500l delivery about a month or so back when it was 36p a litre (which was already several hundred pounds cheaper at the time). Order was a non rush so they turned up about 20th April to deliver. The week after oil had dropped to ~18p a litre so it would have cost us half of what we had paid still :crybaby:.

I've not heard of that here, it is a good idea; but i suspect the prices will remain low for atleast the next year until a vaccine is in effect; and even then the recession may continue to keep the fuel cost low but I'm not convinced of that one as I remember a few years back Kerosene price was through the roof while new employment levels were considerably lower. 

I was looking at purchasing an additional 1050 Litre tank identical to the existing one and fit it beside it at the rear of the shed but there €450 for the tank and the same again to fill it, 

This may not be of any interest atall but: In business on the other side of chemical cost not everything is getting cheaper; the price of isopropanol has gone up from 7.50 per litre in January to €11.90 since the beginning of the pandemic, get that price when your purchasing 30,000 litres at a time apparently, also ive heard ethanol has tripled in cost also but I'm not sure what the cost used to be per litre, both are organic solvents not scarce just increased because they can.

I don't purchase these personally but I do use them sometimes on a daily basis in work as a chemical process operator manufacturing active ingredients for various pharmaceuticals, 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club