Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7
聽Share

20200531_075514.thumb.jpg.f319fd4f3651c94c2b63a371b55a9360.jpg

Is this a real thing or a joke? 馃槀

And surly theres some black birds aswell ?聽

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Lenny said:

20200531_075514.thumb.jpg.f319fd4f3651c94c2b63a371b55a9360.jpg

Is this a real thing or a joke? 馃槀

And surly theres some black birds aswell ?聽

There's no way that's real! :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

There's no way that's real! :laugh:

It's probably just as real as iant's shopping at aldi story he posted recently聽馃槈

• Haha 2

There's no way that's real! [emoji23]聽

Not a chance.
Read the text on the sign next to them.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Not a chance.
Read the text on the sign next to them.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Never noticed that! 馃槅

And also the RSPB website is .org.uk not .com 馃槈

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

Never noticed that! 馃槅

And also the RSPB website is .org.uk not .com 馃槈

There were plenty of *type of birds mentioned* in my garden today, just not the right ones...

• Haha 1

I do like the wee visitor we had in the garden this evening.

IMG_20200531_225953526.jpg

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I do like the wee visitor we had in the garden this evening.

IMG_20200531_225953526.jpg

I saw one once, in Lossiemouth of all places!聽 No idea how it ended up in a housing estate there...

• Like 1

I like Duck's dont know why I just do 馃槀

They get very emotional when they see me watching them though oh wow聽

IMG-20200601-WA0002.thumb.jpg.2b990480e76706443a727e1f1b43ed75.jpg

• Like 2

I do like having a possible lead on the battery drain of the Passat (no pun intended).聽 I've heard sometimes that incorrectly wired tow hitch electrics can drain the battery, so I've located what I presume to be the electrics (extra wire going off the positive terminal with 2x 25 amp fuses in a holder) and removed the fuses.聽 I can put them back in for when I do tow (which is very rare) but it'll be interesting to see if that makes a difference as I'm sure as hell not paying to get it investigated by a mechanic.

• Like 2

Order is restored.

Fiesta ST service booked for June 23rd聽聽:thumbsup:

I also finished running-in the聽Caterham at the weekend, so that has its 3 month service booked for June 24th聽:thumbsup:

Both a bit late, but below the mileage due to being off the road for 2 months...

• Like 5

Just been out testing my eye sight... :wink:

IMG_20200601_160515167.thumb.jpg.23647482a204107abf55272b47e9179a.jpg

In fairness, it wasn't hard to socially distance though!

IMG_20200601_142819081.thumb.jpg.612f4fb318c9e3228b1d2a0663571ef8.jpg

• Like 3

I do like finally getting a haircut!聽 Managed to borrow a set of clippers (which I quarantined for 72 hours first!) and did it myself this morning.聽 It's not too bad for a first attempt, but I only have one mirror so no idea how bad the back looks, tried using my phone as a second mirror but it's too small lol...not that anyone should notice from 2 metres away anyway! :biggrin:

Sadly they are corded clippers, so I had to roll the extension lead out which seemed a bit much! :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I do like that my order from American Sweets is due to be delivered this evening. I've actually not had that much snack food during the last two months** but I'm going to have a good munch later tonight聽:eat:

**Giant Wotsits were the only major munchies I have had.

**Edit**

I almost forgot... I also like that my sequential indicators and switch back fog lights arrived yesterday. Might try and get them fitted this afternoon if I don't get too distracted with the snacks聽:laughing:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I do like, hopefully 馃, leaving 'The Flat battery Gang' charged battery overnight, been on a couple of runs and seems ok for now.聽

• Like 3

I also like getting rid of a big bag of garden waste that's built up over the last 10-12 weeks.聽

Our Recycling Centre opened today for garden waste only. I was going to leave it a few days as I was sure there would be queues but a few posts on local Facebook sites assured me that wouldn't be a problem. Got our oldest son to give me a lift with it into the car, took our elderly neighbours 3 small bags, had to wait 5 minutes to get in, home within 20 minutes.聽

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

I do like, hopefully 馃, leaving 'The Flat Battery Gang' charged battery overnight, been on a couple of runs and seems ok for now.聽

I have taken the fuses out for the tow bar electrics (dual sockets) so will see if that makes a difference, either that or the Parrot hands free but there is nothing else non-original to the car...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

I also like getting rid of a big bag of garden waste that's built up over the last 10-12 weeks.聽

Our Recycling Centre opened today for garden waste only. I was going to leave it a few days as I was sure there would be queues but a few posts on local Facebook sites assured me that wouldn't be a problem. Got our oldest son to give me a lift with it into the car, took our elderly neighbours 3 small bags, had to wait 5 minutes to get in, home within 20 minutes.聽

Moray council have implemented a booking service so I'm booked in for tomorrow at 11:30 to drop off some garden waste...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

Orkney is hardly a bustling Metropolis where you could expect a rush...

馃お

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I have taken the fuses out for the tow bar electrics (dual sockets) so will see if that makes a difference, either that or the Parrot hands free but there is nothing else non-original to the car...

馃

6 minutes ago, The Finance Guy said:

Orkney is hardly a bustling Metropolis where you could expect a rush...

馃お

True, but the amount of moaning going on on various FB groups led me to believe that everyone had at least an artic load of grass cuttings to get rid of! 馃槃

• Haha 1

@Turvey聽is nobody composting then? Sometimes the local authority offers discounted composting equipment so that it helps reduce garden and food waste and the waste collections. Not something that I think is available in Kent but do remember seeing something somewhere a few years ago.

Kent are doing a booking system and apparently it's working well if you believe the senior management emails that get sent out during the week. There was a fire at one facility near the M25 that meant services then had to be moved elsewhere. Nobody was hurt and no major damage so hopefully it will be resolved in the not too distant future.

Here we go - first proper wash of the Caterham and first time using Gtechniq C2 to seal the paint.

The paint is amazingly smooth now, and surprisingly reflective聽given that its a solid colour and not metallic...

20200602_204404.jpg

20200602_204322.jpg

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Here we go - first proper wash of the Caterham and first time using Gtechniq C2 to seal the paint.

The paint is amazingly smooth now, and surprisingly reflective聽given that its a solid colour and not metallic...

20200602_204404.jpg

20200602_204322.jpg

Good you got it ppf'd. Really can't tell there's a film on it with the optical clarity. Put that film on my new headlights and can't tell.聽

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club